Beef rib help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokindummy

Original poster
May 22, 2008
Alliance, Nebraska
Plan on smoking some boneless beef ribs. How about some sugguestions or tips? I have been getting alot of very helpful ideas from these forums. Thanks to all!

Are your BB Pibs actually slices from a Chuck roast?
That's what they usually are... smoke till 170, foil and finish till it passes the probe test (slides in like butter) sometimes takes to 205+!!
Season with salt n pepper and some garlic powder and be patient, these take a while but well worth it!!
Shread and make beef sammies!
wink.gif

Don't know what a boneless beef rib is help me out. These grocery stores come up with fancy names to make money on cheap cuts.

This from Wikipedia. When I was in bussiness years ago, it was always flank steak. same thing goes for corned beef and pastrami, it was always a smoked briskit. Not anymore. The difference between top round and briskit is night and day.

Here is what Ive done a couple times. Smoke them till about 150 internal. at this point they are still red inside. then cut into ghunks and add to your favorite stew or soup recipie. Adds a nice smoke flavor to the stew. Also we have taken this medium rare meat and sliced thinly to add to salad. Too many vegatables without meat isnt good for ya!

hard to call them ribs without bones, but I guess we have Country Style pork ribs, so why not.
I would marinate that in Mojo. It goes especially good with beef. Around 250º for smoker temp and I would go no more than 140º internal tops. Basically, how do you like your steaks?? Remember that beef does not need as long as pork. I shoot for medium rare. Beef ribs with bones, usually 3 1/2 to 4 hours tops.

I only buy bone in country ribs. The bone keeps the meat moist. Ever hear the term "closer to the bone the sweeter the meat'

Well, thats another subject.
icon_surprised.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky