• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef Recall In 15 States

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 12, 2007
Talk about close to home , THANK YOU for posting

reflect

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 6, 2006
Thanks for posting. I am going on a meat buy for tomorrow nights smoke session.

Take care,

Brian

teacup13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 22, 2007
thanks for the post... close to my area as well...

good thing i dont buy meat at GFS

domn8_ion

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 5, 2007
WOW, that's me. Wonder if that meat gets shipped to meat markets? Even worse, wonder if the beef prices are going to go up for our states on the list?

dawgwhat

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 19, 2007
I'm the only member in Va. (did the member search thingie)
and Virginia is on the list

good thing I'm on a diet

but thanks for the heads up!

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Remember folks ,cook your beef especially ground meat to an internal temp of 165 ,( kills the e-coli bacteria ) e-coli if present on meat is on the outside surface, thus when you grind meat mixes thru - out the ground meat making burger the most dangerous, in steak or roast form the outside is cooked first, therefore killing the bacteria,and therefore makes it safer then ground meat,hope this helps T-bone .

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
T-bone Tim;47278 said:
Remember folks ,cook your beef especially ground meat to an internal temp of 165 ,( kills the e-coli bacteria )/quote]

Tell that to a nice rib-eye!!!

smokewatcher

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 31, 2006
Makes me happy to buy my beef directly from the slaughter house....one cow at-a-time. Pig too!

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
This is one more reason for me to move out in the country and raise my own, slaughter my own and smoke my own

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.