Beef fat, baby it's for the dogs!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef_boy812

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 25, 2008
Northern Va
icon_idea.gif
Hey there all,

I am going to make some all-beef hotdogs, chicago style recipe.

It calls for rendered beef souit.

I cannot get souit in my neck of the woods, but I can get the nice chalky clay like fat from the strip loins and rib loins we process at work.

I rendered some down at work today and came home with a couple of pounds of perfect fat.
is this close enough to rendered beef souit?

This is my first emulsified sausage and since the fat is 50% of the meat bill It is pretty important.

sorry about the lack of q-view on the render, but it was at work. I took some phone picks, I will try and get them up on here as the weiner project unfolds.

can't wait for more info on my fat problem.
Thanks y'all
icon_idea.gif

PORK FAT RULES! (I've heard that somewhere before)
Suit should be available at a butcher or grocery store that processes their own meat. Just call ahead a couple of days and they'll set you up.

SKOL
V

I am it seems slowly getting everything purchased for my go at hot dogs. I went to a place today for sheep caseings and they were 9.00 for enough to stuff 15 pounds. I will look elsewhere. The recipe I will be doing is 6 pounds venison and four pounds of pork. I did get some replies the last time I posted with ?'s and have to go back to that post to see, but the recipe I was using one of the members recommended more fat which I plan on following. Good Luck with yours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky