beef chuck arm roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
i bought a beef chuck arm roast to smoke sunday, along with two sage fatties, a pack of skinnies, 2lbs of jalapenos to make ABT's, and some meaty beef ribs. any tips for an arm roast? i have never seen one of them before. of course, i have never looked for them either. i had only done a couple of roasts in my pre-smoker days, and those were just regular old roasts. i am thinking it would be nice pulled. i also got some red wine vinegar to make a finishing sauce.
i wanted a brisket, but they all sucked. like had a fat cap, and the other side was half fat; or they weighed like 20lbs.

hello hello,
smoke like you would a chuck roest..

under the BEEF section--
their is a arm roast-- and several chuck roast threads.

mine was good--better than good...

i smoke a lot more chucks than briskets...

its mainly me and my honey margaret that eats my stuff..
arms or chucks 2 1/2 to 4 lbs..

packers briskets --- 10 to 14 lbs...

i smoked it last night. i did a write up in word, saving it to my pc. i will post it later, after i get some pics. right now i have a poker tourney i am in.

Here is what I smoked New Yearâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s eve. A beef chuck arm roast, weighing in at 2.66 lbs.; a package of beef chuck ribs, 3 small racks of ribs, weighing in at 2.30 lbs.; 2 sage fatties; a package of skinnies, 12 links total; and 2 lbs. of jalapenos, stuffed with cheddar cheese. I put it all in the smoker at 7:00 p.m. I pulled the ABTâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s out at 9:00 p.m. I pulled the fatties and skinnies out at 10:00 p.m. Pulled the ribs out at 12:00 a.m., and finally pulled the roast at 2:00 a.m. I let the roast rest for a bit on the stovetop, and put it in the fridge. This morning I reheated it in the oven,set at 250°, to an internal temp of 195°. I would have thought the skinnies would be like fatties. They came out like the little smokies you buy at the store. I still liked them. For my rub, I put cayenne pepper; paprika; garlic powder; onion powder; turbinado sugar; and black pepper on the roast and the ribs. Naturally, the sage fatties donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t need any help in the flavor dept. for my mop, I put apple juice in a bowl, and added chili powder and garlic powder. I foiled the ribs at 11:00 p.m. I ate a lot of the ABTâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s and some skinnies last night.
9fd74eb1_vbattach11571.jpg

26671f1b_vbattach11570.jpg

92647b35_vbattach11423.jpg

18d93588_vbattach11422.jpg

22a21a95_vbattach11287.jpg

a67f3574_vbattach11288.jpg

15a752e4_vbattach11146.jpg

a3f752e1_vbattach11145.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky