Beef Cheek Tacos...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
Sorry for the picture quality... my camera isn't working so I used my phone.

This was my supper the other night..
Sweet angus beef cheeks on a warm tortilla with a cold beer.

I simmered the beef cheeks in water with beef bouillon, onion, garlic and kosher salt..

they were fall-apart tender...

I shredded the meat, removing any fat...

fired up my fancy cooker and started some onions, minced jalapenos and garlic...

added some of the shredded cheek meat with a bit of the strained broth..

heated some tortillas...

this was one of those plateless meals.. grab a paper towel, a hot tortilla, fill with meat, sprinkle with sauce and eat.
icon_biggrin.gif

Served with some hula girl jalapeno sauce, cholula chili lime and a cold beer...

I liked it a lot. :)

Thanks for looking!

If you've never tried cheek meat, it tastes a lot like the meat from a beef short rib. Very tender and good. :)

/ message sig

Reactions: thunderdome
icon_cool.gif

Heck you can even take good pictures of great looking food with your phone. Now did you ever make one of those cameras in school with the cardboard box and some foil and a pin hole???? I bet you could take some really good pics with one of those to. Now the cheeks look fantastic with a simple goodness to. I really like the meals hat are just thrown together and piled up in to a tortilla......YummO for sure. 

Hey Cowgirl that looks good, We don't see a lot of cheek here in the NE, but sometimes Walmart has it. I'll give it a ry next time I see it. thanks for sharing the idea.

Could ya share some info on the hula girl?

Thanks, Dan

Darn Jeanie!

I wish I'd have known you in 1970/1971, when I was in Texas for 7 months, but you probably weren't born yet!

I could have been eating a lot better!

I just ate & you made me hungry already!
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Bear

Hey Jeanie!

I was like, "Beef Cheeks..., who the heck?... aahhh...Cowgirl... this is going to be good!".

Love the carne dish ya got going on with those corn tortillas.  I've seen the turkey fryer/crab boiler/camp fire... is the wok new?  Where did you get that bad boy?

As always - awesome post.  Thanks for continueing to inspire us all.

Oh yum Cowgirl! I've never had cheek, but funny you mentioned it taste like beef short ribs. Those are my favorite for making tacos with. But I will certainly try the cheek soon as I can find some! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
darn Jeanie, at first i thought maybe you meant the "other beef cheeeks",  never even heard of beef cheeks before.... spose kinda like walleye cheeks eh....  anyway those look dang good and i like your cooker. hmmm wok on turkey fryer would work too i bet. nice as always!!! pics are still good even from your phone!!! 
points.gif

Those look great my grandfather used to talk about cheek meat. I saw some here in the freezer case have to try it

Great q view!

I've never scene (nor looked really) for beef cheeks.  Looks fabulous.  My favorite Mexican restaurant sell beef tongue tacos and they are incredible.

Jeanie,

You could have thrown a little Beef tongue in there

"Tongue in Cheek Tacos"????  
icon_lol.gif

Bear

Thanks folks! It was a tasty meal...  I like any meal that doesn't involve plates.
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

icon_cool.gif

Heck you can even take good pictures of great looking food with your phone. Now did you ever make one of those cameras in school with the cardboard box and some foil and a pin hole???? I bet you could take some really good pics with one of those to. Now the cheeks look fantastic with a simple goodness to. I really like the meals hat are just thrown together and piled up in to a tortilla......YummO for sure. 
lol I'll have to give that camera a try!  Thanks!!

Hey Cowgirl that looks good, We don't see a lot of cheek here in the NE, but sometimes Walmart has it. I'll give it a ry next time I see it. thanks for sharing the idea.

Could ya share some info on the hula girl?

Thanks, Dan
Dan, I got the Hula Girl Jalapeno sauce a the Jerky Emporium in Oklahoma City... but I see they don't have it on their online store..

Here is another link that tells more about it..   http://www.hotsauceworld.com/hsw1166hg.html    I really like the stuff. Thanks!

I'm in love!!! I may have already professed that, but what the heck....

Cowgirl, you are my kind-a girl!
lol If you like to eat outside, sip on a cold beer while snacking...we'll get along fine.
biggrin.gif
  lol Thanks!

Hey Jeanie!

I was like, "Beef Cheeks..., who the heck?... aahhh...Cowgirl... this is going to be good!".

Love the carne dish ya got going on with those corn tortillas.  I've seen the turkey fryer/crab boiler/camp fire... is the wok new?  Where did you get that bad boy?

As always - awesome post.  Thanks for continueing to inspire us all.
 Tracey thanks!! I've had the wok for awhile.. Got it at an Academy Outdoor store in Okla City.  I have a discada.. but right now it has a leak in the bottom. I need to fix it.

Bear... lolol!!  Good one.

Thanks again everyone,  Cheek meat needs to be cooked low and slow for tenderness but it's definately worth the effort.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky