Bear

Discussion in 'Wild Game' started by brooklynboy, Aug 2, 2008.

1. brooklynboy

brooklynboy Fire Starter

While smoking this afternoon, my wife called out that we had a visitor. Fortunately, he didn't want the ribs and chicken on the smoker.[​IMG]

2. cheyman

cheyman Fire Starter

I didnt know there were bears in Brooklyn!!! hahe!

3. brooklynboy

brooklynboy Fire Starter

Weekdays working in the NYC and sleeping in Brooklyn.

Weekends in Sullivan county about 10 minutes from the original Woodstock site.[​IMG]

Thats only the third time we have seen a bear in the 16 years we've been weekending here in Cochecton Center.

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Sure glad he didn't want any ribs or chicken I'd a hated to see you put the beat down on him to take it back [​IMG]

5. brooklynboy

brooklynboy Fire Starter

Of course what my wife said was more like "Oh my God its a bear!!" at a rather high volume. Not a great pic, but I was a bit concerned myself. He was also about 8 feet from the sliding screen door on the patio on that side of the house.

If he had wound up inside that would have been a real adventure.

After I snapped a quick picture, he wandered away, likely down to the river for a drink.[​IMG]

6. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Man, that would be exciting! Glad he didn't cause any trouble for ya.[​IMG]

7. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

We had one wander through our property last summer. Here in Colorado, the Division of Wildlife kills more bears than all the hunters. If you shoot one on your property, you get fined and possible jail time. Call DOW and they'll kill it for you![​IMG]

8. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Honest officer, It was self defense! Then he just sorta fell inta the smoker!

9. 1894

1894 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

You get a bear season down there ? Starts Sept 13 in the Adirondacks [​IMG]

10. coyote

coyote Master of the Pit

sweet, a new thing to look at in the yard..

11. flatbroke

flatbroke Smoking Fanatic

Hey Hey Boo boo, I think I smell a pick-nick basket

12. brooklynboy

brooklynboy Fire Starter

We d get bear season here in Sullivan County I think shortly before Thanksgiving for a week or so. If memory serves, there are usually about 2 dozen taken in the county each year.

They or their sign are regularly seen in the local Scout Camp (Ten Mile River) each summer too.

13. smokin365

smokin365 Smoking Fanatic

dude, there are too many trees in that picture to be brooklyn!