Bear

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brooklynboy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Brooklyn
While smoking this afternoon, my wife called out that we had a visitor. Fortunately, he didn't want the ribs and chicken on the smoker.
PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif

Weekdays working in the NYC and sleeping in Brooklyn.

Weekends in Sullivan county about 10 minutes from the original Woodstock site.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Thats only the third time we have seen a bear in the 16 years we've been weekending here in Cochecton Center.

Sure glad he didn't want any ribs or chicken I'd a hated to see you put the beat down on him to take it back
biggrin.gif

Of course what my wife said was more like "Oh my God its a bear!!" at a rather high volume. Not a great pic, but I was a bit concerned myself. He was also about 8 feet from the sliding screen door on the patio on that side of the house.

If he had wound up inside that would have been a real adventure.

After I snapped a quick picture, he wandered away, likely down to the river for a drink.
eek.gif

We had one wander through our property last summer. Here in Colorado, the Division of Wildlife kills more bears than all the hunters. If you shoot one on your property, you get fined and possible jail time. Call DOW and they'll kill it for you!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey Hey Boo boo, I think I smell a pick-nick basket

We d get bear season here in Sullivan County I think shortly before Thanksgiving for a week or so. If memory serves, there are usually about 2 dozen taken in the county each year.

They or their sign are regularly seen in the local Scout Camp (Ten Mile River) each summer too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky