Bear’s Smokers FREE to good homes. ALL GONE !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh stop with the end of life crap Bear. Spray some K-Flo Starter Fluid up the old nostrils and restart those Diesel engines. You still got a lot of living to do buddy so get at it.

Sorry for the health issues but only you know what is best. You have been a wealth of knowledge to myself and many others on SMF.
A very nice gesture giving away your pride and joys.
Keep on with the other toys and your posting. It gives us great ideas.
Thank you for your Service, it is greatly appreciated by so many.

By the way, you still owe me for my 360 :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

Brother sorry to hear that!! Got the word yesterday from the VA have the big C & was suppose to do an open MRA today LOL
Richie
You take care and keep using your new toys
Richie, sorry to hear of the the terrible news. You can kick its butt though. We are all here on your side.
Also many thanks for your Service and Sacrifice.

Reactions: chopsaw
So sorry to hear that Bear. Are you still able to do your indoor cooking (and posting) like you often do?

Thank You Brett!!
Yup---I can still use the Sous Vide Supreme & the Ninja Smart Grill.
So I'm not completely shut down, here.

Bear

Dang man its hard to take down the shingle but I too know and understand what you are going through. Not as in such a health bine as you but do have my issues as many of us aged have. Looking for a surgeon to help me now.
Thanks for all your support and help through my time as a SMF member.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Much of my problems are from Agent Orange rather than Old Age.
However, The age thing that worries me is That Cow Valve that they put in me 9 years ago is only supposed to work for 8 to 10 years.

Bear

Very sorry to hear this John. That's a very kind gesture.

Thank You Denny!!!
I figure these 3 Smokers didn't cost me anything---
I bought My Son an MES, back in 2010.
Then he bought me the Gen #1 MES 40 for Christmas 2010.
Then in 2013 Masterbuilt gave me the Gen #2 to test it out for them.
Then after testing it & giving my report & suggestions, they gave me my Gen #2.5.

Bear

Very sorry to hear this. Paying the smokers forward is a nice thing to do. I'm sure they will find good homes.
Thank you for all your knowledge and sharing. Will we still be hearing from you here?
Best wishes.

Thank You Hooked!!
I believe My Gen #2.5 found a Great New Home Yesterday, about 2 hours West of here.
I will be posting Great Meals from my Sous Vide & My Ninja, if there's not too much crying. Mrs Bear will be happy about that.

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
I feel like I'm coming in late, but I wanted to add my condolences to your smoker decision. Perhaps you can branch off into baking or non-smoked charcuterie?

Thank You MN !!
This Bear never learned much Baking.

Bear

Bear..YOU ARE TRULY LOVED-- Stand Tall & Proud. Thank you for your service to this country--Now go do some fantastic "inside" cooks. Charlie

Thank You Brother Charlie!!
So far, I got no problem with inside cooks, without a lot of traveling.
Thanks for the Kind words!!

Bear

Yup---I can still use the Sous Vide Supreme & the Ninja Smart Grill.
So I'm not completely shut down, here.
Can't forget the never-ending search for the perfect sandwich(es)- that's a creative outlet for food if there ever was one.

Geez Bear, Hang in there... Giving up stuff to add years to your life is a good thing... Most of us have done it... I know I'm giving up falling off of flat bed trailers... I did think twice about getting up there.. Should have thought three times...
I hope your health improves....

Dave

Thank You Dave!!
You're mishap reminds me of when I was a Kid, and we went over to my Great-Grandpop's farm to help bail hay. My Dad sent us over there every year to build our muscles. Old Pop drove the tractor, pulling the bailer & Hay wagon, and we knew if one of us fell off the wagon, He might as well wait until he comes around again, because he never looks back!!

Bear

Very sorry to read this news Bear.

Like many others I have learned a lot from your posts and appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Thank You Kevin!!
Appreciate that.

Bear

I'm sorry to hear about your health Bear. I have appreciated all the help you have given me and I have and continue to enjoy reading your posts. Rob

Thank You Rob!!
Appreciate that !

Bear

Can't forget the never-ending search for the perfect sandwich(es)- that's a creative outlet for food if there ever was one.

Thank You Ham!!
I totally agree!!

Bear

Reactions: Hamdrew
Sorry for the health issues but only you know what is best. You have been a wealth of knowledge to myself and many others on SMF.
A very nice gesture giving away your pride and joys.
Keep on with the other toys and your posting. It gives us great ideas.
Thank you for your Service, it is greatly appreciated by so many.

By the way, you still owe me for my 360 :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

Thank You Rider!!
I'll give you either an MES 40 Gen #1 or Gen #2.5 Free to make up for that 360.

Bear

Reactions: Winterrider
Bear it’s super generous of you to pass these along. I’m super sorry to hear you can’t get out to smoke. I hope you continue to post your indoor cooks on the awesome tools you have. I enjoy your cooks and appreciate you. Your step by steps are things I referred to very often when I first joined here.

Thank You Jcam & Chopsaw!!
I'm always glad to hear that my "Step by Steps" are being used & enjoyed. I'll be posting My easier stuff as long as I am able.

Meanwhile------
C'mon Everybody, My MES40 Generation #1 and Generation #2.5 are still sitting here waiting for a ride to a new home!!!

Bear

I'm speechless. Just now reading this post... Sad day. But your step-by-steps will remain a legacy and will live on for many-many more years to come! ...and I know you still got some more in ya!
Not only sharing your wisdom but also showing your generosity. My hat is off to you sir.
Someone will surely be by shortly for your other 2 MES units.

Bear, I don't spend near as much time on this site as many others do. But yours is a name I recognize every time I've logged in. You've been a huge help to so many people here; and although I don't really know you, somehow your pay-it-forward attitude and generosity doesn't surprise me one bit.
Classy move.

Reactions: 801driver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky