Beans, fatties and legs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capt dan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 2, 2007
Well, I knew I couldn't make it through the week without some smoke in my eyes, so today after the yardwork, I rolled up 5 assorted fatties, did a batch of the wonderful dutch's wicked beans, and chicken was on sale for a buck a lb, so I got a 10 pack of drumsticks, rubbed 5 with my own rub, and 5 with a rub that was given to me at the Eagle practice cook.

Runnin the lang a bit warmer today at 250-280, shouldn't bother anything, might make them beans any better, if its possible.

Here is a pic from 1 hr after all was put into the Lang.

I'll snap another when the legs are done, we've all seen the fatty and bean show. I need to work on my chicken smokes a bit.
cool.gif

Still gotta show us the fatties Dan! It kills me how you get em rolled up that perfect! Guess I have to do more to get better at it, dang it!
icon_smile.gif

OK, next time, I will do a play by play. I thought that dang penn state fan did a good job of it, but next time I will.

the fatties get done alot faster at 250-280
wink.gif

Great looking job Capt Dan. Where can someone find the drumstick racks? I'd like to find some Hindquarter racks also. Happy Smoke Rings from Sedalia, MO
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looking good and you know I'm hungry bring on more Qview so I can drool some more
biggrin.gif

OK Piney, you got it!

here is the first two fatties, Had a blowout on one of them.I am loosin my touch. I was whippin em out too fast!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

And...............yardbird stumps!

They were pretty good, momma said one of the rubs was too spicy hot!

At least I got 5 of the legs to myself then didn't I. Started raining pretty good when I took em off the pit!

Thanks for the compliments folks!
icon_smile.gif

Good looking chow!

Looks great like I knew it would
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
You like making me hungry
biggrin.gif

Nice job, Capt Dan! It's been a week or so since I've "fired up" the Rival KC, and chicken sounds good. The kids are asking about another fatty, too. Guess I know how I'm spending the rest of my day off.

Capt Dan -- Nice work of course.

AgMeyer -- Bed Bath and Beyond has them. I saw them at Lowe's, Home Depot, too.

great lookin grub capt dan, and that wasnt a "blowout" on that fatty.... you were just smoking the cheese on it!!!!!! great job!!!! what was that seasoning used that to hot for mama????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky