Beans, fatties and legs!

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by capt dan, Jun 25, 2008.

1. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Well, I knew I couldn't make it through the week without some smoke in my eyes, so today after the yardwork, I rolled up 5 assorted fatties, did a batch of the wonderful dutch's wicked beans, and chicken was on sale for a buck a lb, so I got a 10 pack of drumsticks, rubbed 5 with my own rub, and 5 with a rub that was given to me at the Eagle practice cook.

Runnin the lang a bit warmer today at 250-280, shouldn't bother anything, might make them beans any better, if its possible.

Here is a pic from 1 hr after all was put into the Lang.

I'll snap another when the legs are done, we've all seen the fatty and bean show. I need to work on my chicken smokes a bit.[​IMG]

2. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Still gotta show us the fatties Dan! It kills me how you get em rolled up that perfect! Guess I have to do more to get better at it, dang it! [​IMG]

3. capt dan

OK, next time, I will do a play by play. I thought that dang penn state fan did a good job of it, but next time I will.

the fatties get done alot faster at 250-280[​IMG]

4. ddave

ddave Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks great, Dan. I bought a couple of those drumstick racks a while back but keep forgetting to try them out.

Dave

5. agmeyer

agmeyer Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Great looking job Capt Dan. Where can someone find the drumstick racks? I'd like to find some Hindquarter racks also. Happy Smoke Rings from Sedalia, MO
    [​IMG]

6. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Mice looking Capt. D.

7. abelman

abelman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Dan that sums it up on both points, X2, LOL

8. abelman

abelman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I'll tell ya if you fix that "Ex" thing in your profile, [​IMG] You know the rule, Semper Fi

9. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looking good and you know I'm hungry bring on more Qview so I can drool some more [​IMG]

10. capt dan

OK Piney, you got it!

here is the first two fatties, Had a blowout on one of them.I am loosin my touch. I was whippin em out too fast![​IMG]

And...............yardbird stumps!

They were pretty good, momma said one of the rubs was too spicy hot!

At least I got 5 of the legs to myself then didn't I. Started raining pretty good when I took em off the pit!

Thanks for the compliments folks![​IMG]

11. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good lookin' eats there, Capt! The legs look like they were quite tasty, especially!

12. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good looking chow!

13. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great like I knew it would [​IMG] You like making me hungry [​IMG]

14. crockadale

crockadale Smoking Fanatic

Looking real good Capt. The leg have got nice color. That temp range is where I always smoke yardbird. Good job.

15. buck wheezer

buck wheezer Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Nice job, Capt Dan! It's been a week or so since I've "fired up" the Rival KC, and chicken sounds good. The kids are asking about another fatty, too. Guess I know how I'm spending the rest of my day off.

16. seaham358

seaham358 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Nice looking smoke..

17. flyin'illini

flyin'illini Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Capt Dan -- Nice work of course.

AgMeyer -- Bed Bath and Beyond has them. I saw them at Lowe's, Home Depot, too.

18. sweethanky

sweethanky Fire Starter

good work [​IMG][​IMG]

19. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

great lookin grub capt dan, and that wasnt a "blowout" on that fatty.... you were just smoking the cheese on it!!!!!! great job!!!! what was that seasoning used that to hot for mama????

20. ck311

ck311 Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

nice looking smoke capt'n another wonderful Q-view to make me hungry