BDSkelly ~ Cheese Burgers on the Mini. Remember Its Also a Grill.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
DFW North Texas
Mrs BD asked for cheese burgers tonight.  It's just the 2 of us. Ive got options... 6 burner gasser. My wonderful GREEN 22" kettle just like dear ol dad cooked on. It's my favorite tool but takes lots of charcoal for  just the two of us.  My vortex is still in the box. Too lazy to open it.

But I got to thinking that all of that was overkill for the project at hand. And then my mini whispered in my ear... "Hey Brian. Remember I started as a small yet great grill. Right?"  

Bingo... I removed the Vasconia pot and fired little my friend up! 

That lid and table need a good dusting off! 

80% lean Season Salt Black Pepper and a dab of Worcestershire

Sharp Cheddar and topped with a Sport Pepper.  Mmmm Mmmm Mmm!

b

Great chow does not need an expensive cooker..  Those burgers look MY-T-FINE my friend...   I'd eat them...   well at least 2....

I love a good bbq'ed hamburger, good job.  Gonna pick a smokey joe this weekend, and do a little camping.  Also tracked down a Hoffritz tamale steamer, so with a little luck, I'll have what I need to build a mini WSM, got your build bookmarked.  Have a good weekend, keep on smokin'.

Great chow does not need an expensive cooker..  Those burgers look MY-T-FINE my friend...   I'd eat them...   well at least 2....
Agreed Dave.  When I sent my boys off to college they both took new smokey joes with them.  Parties, Tailgating, Keggers....  Id love to hear about what those grills must have witnessed!

Thanks for the kind words brother

B

I love a good bbq'ed hamburger, good job.  Gonna pick a smokey joe this weekend, and do a little camping.  Also tracked down a Hoffritz tamale steamer, so with a little luck, I'll have what I need to build a mini WSM, got your build bookmarked.  Have a good weekend, keep on smokin'.
Joes are the perfect camping tool.  And I agree that burgers taste better over charcoal!  Good luck with your build! I'm flattered that you're using my guide.  There are lots of other great post here too.  Feel free to message me with any questions as you put your MWSM together. 

B

When I got the offset and absolutely refused to lose the MB gasser, the compromise was to get rid of the old Weber kettle, which hardly ever got fired up. I wish I had it on the patio for just this sort of thing.
(BTW I never got rid of it. It resides in the back of one of our warehouses. One of these days...[emoji]128578[/emoji]).

Open the Vortex, for gosh sake!
Dan

sausage.gif
What's to Know where the dogs? lol-Great looking burgers!!!!!

I have my little smokey that I use camping. Never has let me down. Your burgers look good. I to will take 2 to go. Can i have fries to?

Use ours all the time for grilling. One of the best things the mini can do is the reverse sear. Start the meat in the smoke, remove the pot and sear on the grate or caveman style.

The mini-Za is my fav though. I can grill, smoke and make pizza all in one trip!

Nice looking burgers, It's good to get back to where it all started  Great Job Brian     
points1.png

Gary

When I got the offset and absolutely refused to lose the MB gasser, the compromise was to get rid of the old Weber kettle, which hardly ever got fired up. I wish I had it on the patio for just this sort of thing.
(BTW I never got rid of it. It resides in the back of one of our warehouses. One of these days...[emoji]128578[/emoji]).

Open the Vortex, for gosh sake!
Dan
Yup... I think I will always own a Weber. I really only use it for burgers and dogs.  But they are awesome machines. Dad made this chicken... It was awesome! 
Tasty looking burgers!
Thanks B!
Nice cook B !
icon14.gif
Gracias Justin!

sausage.gif
What's to Know where the dogs? lol-Great looking burgers!!!!!
Yeah... A couple of Vienna Beef to go with those sport peppers would have knocked outa the park! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky