BDSkelly~ 2nd Smoke on the New Stick Burner Pork Butt.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
DFW North Texas

Last weekend I did an inaugural smoke on my new wood burner.  Ribs and Chicken. All turned out great and built my confidence that I could regulate temp relatively well on the unit. ... Very different than my MES or even the MINI. I love using both those units but there is something great about the behemoth. It's a bit more challenging to use but it is an enjoyable challenge.  And clearly has better flavor on the meat. 

Next step was to see how I'd do a smoke that would take longer than Chicken and Ribs.  So for a longer smoke I chose a 9 pound Pork Butt.  I knew a Pork Butt would be much more forgiving if things went sideways!

The best Bark I've ever had on a PB!

A 16 hour smoke.  It turned out Perfect!

B

Looks perfect. You and that smoker makes a great pair.

Very nice Brian !
beercheer.gif
Thanks Big J.... Have a great holiday my friend. 

Nice job, Brian. That's a marvelous smoker and pork. Looks like you have it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Buckeye.  It's nice of you to hang out!  Happy Thanksgiving! b

Last edited:
Man, Brian....That's some good looking pulled pork with a great bark. Your new rig is really putting out some great product for you.

Nice Job Brian,  You kinda get hooked on smoking with splits,  Butt looks perfect  
points1.png

Gary

Man, Brian....That's some good looking pulled pork with a great bark. Your new rig is really putting out some great product for you.
Thanks for the kind words Joe.  The family was over today and there is just enough left to toss into a pot of beans.  I love a little pulled pork in a pot of pintos! b

Fine lookin vittles there Mr. Brian. Don't take you long to acquire or apply those lessons learned. No wonder you make the big bucks!
Gracias Kev.  

Lesson one:  Take the Meat. ...And apply Heat.

Nothin to it brother.

b

Reactions: joe black
Tasty looking butt! Looks like a brisket is in the near future! Ps I love burnt ends!:biggrin:

Looks great. I like the grate you got in the firebox. Did it burn any different using that instead strait on the plate? Thumbs Up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky