BBQ sauce w/ smoked Jalapeno peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
So my soon to be brother in law gave me a jar of jalapeno BBQ sauce and asked me if I could duplicate it. I made a fairly basic tomato based BBQ sauce, but for the Jalapeno's I got the great idea to smoke them for about 2 1/2 hours with some hickory (was doing chicken and tossed the peppers on at the same time).

This was a really, really, fast, rough attempt so I didn't keep track of anything really, but I will say the smoked Jalapeno's were awesome! Added a nice kick, and wonderfull smokey flavor. I am going to have to really work on the base sauce till I get a consistancy that I like then add the peppers.

I would highly recomend smoking Jalapeno's and vacuum packing them to keep on hand for all kinds of sauces and what not.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky