BBQ Ratio Calculator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

d-mac

Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Has anyone used this from the one posted in this forum?

It seems that the plate opening from the cook channel to the smoking ares is not that wide but in most builds I see a normal 6"+ on square builds.

Should I assume this is for insulated units?  I can't believe this is used for both insulated and non insulated units as the heat loss is a factor in smoke box design.  

I guess you could always build the box to the larger size in an insulated and never use the full size and or stoke for making chicken etc when you want around 300 - 250 in the main chamber.

Then what about  making a warming section that feeds from the main chamber or should you only use the firebox to feed the warming chamber?

Thoughts?

D.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky