BBQ Pulled Pork with full Qview. Cooking Momma is back!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooking momma

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
West Virginia
Sorry I haven't been around ya'll, but I haven't been feeling very well lately. I am back though, and in a big way LOL! I found a 17 pound Pork shoulder at Sam's Club on Saturday for $1.77 per pound, what a good deal :) I had them cut it in half to make two meals. I am smoking the 9 lb. side this time. Be prepared to do some drooling! Here goes :)

abc625c6_PorkShoulder.jpg

First I slathered it with some French's Yellow Mustard.

25e9a43e_RubbedwithMustard.jpg

Now time for the Rub which consisted of Brown sugar, roasted granulated garlic, onion powder, Cajun spices, paprika, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper. 

c4a7749e_LoadedwithRub.jpg

Wrapped it in plastic wrap and put it to bed in the fridge over night. About 12 hours.

26d7b625_Wrappedandreadyforbed.jpg

Set my Cajun Injector Smoker at 225 degrees for 16 hours. Filled the pan with just plain old water. Using Hickory for the first 6 hours. Wanting an internal temp of 200 degrees for pulling. No spritzing, just set it and forget it. Checked it half way through. Looking pretty good so far!

0103c00f_Halfwaydone.jpg

Finally done! Love that beautiful bark!

53a6dd21_DoneTopSideBark.jpg

Wrapped it in foil and let it rest for an hour or so.

9a150425_FoilWrapped.jpg

Unwrapped and ready to be pulled. The bone just fell out. Juicy, moist & tender. As Guy would say, it's porkalicious!

87052926_Outoftheovenandfallingapart.jpg

All pulled and ready to be sauced with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.

2afe0a63_allpulled.jpg

All Sauced up!

ba62d05e_sauced.jpg

We heated it up on a low simmer for about 5 minutes, now we are ready to eat!

7b221d52_saucedinthepot.jpg

I bought some beautiful Italian Crustini Rolls, and loaded it up! One heck of a yummy BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich I must say!

1c459c7e_sandwich.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the Qview :) Until next time, Happy Smoking everyone!

Reactions: thunderdome
icon_cool.gif

Well I'm glad to see that your feeling better. You sure haven't lost any of your smoking skills. Your butt looks awesome and I sure really tastey too.

icon_cool.gif

Well I'm glad to see that your feeling better. You sure haven't lost any of your smoking skills. Your butt looks awesome and I sure really tastey too.
A few of the camera angles were not available on my 'puter.......Cooking Mama....he really is a good guy........The food looks awesome also......Dave

Wow...17 lbs!  That's a big butt!!  Okay, shoulder....

The PP looks great -- you done it right, that's for sure!

Awesome Qview

That's one huge butt you got there Momma!!!

And you did a heckuva job on the first half !!!

That Sammy is PERFECT !!!!

Thanks for a great post !!!

Bear

NICE job! Glad you're feeling better too. I was just about to have some breakfast, and somehow, now, after looking at your pix, oatmeal seems like such a sad choice. Your pictures make me want some of that pulled pork...sigh!  Bet it was delicious!

Thank you all :) All the comments on how big that butt was made me think of the song " I like big butts, and I cannot lie" from the movie Shreck! ROFLMBO! It very well may have been two of them in one pack, but when I asked the butcher to make it into two that is how he brought it back to me? Who knows, but it sure was a lot of piggy :) We'll be eating PP for a few days for sure! My hubby sure was a happy camper when he had it in his lunch. Again thanks for all the compliments ya'll :)  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky