BBQ Pizza Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

longshot

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 12, 2006
Kamiah Idaho
Ok first of all this may resemble some other sauces but this is what I did on my own and to give credit where it is due DIV was the inspiration with his pizza that sent me on this quest so with the legal disclaimer out of the way here it is.

Longshot's Sweet Hot Pizza Sauce

(this makes enough for a few pizzas)

1 ½ cups catsup
¾ cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup honey
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp dry hot mustard
1tsp Tony Cacheres
½ - 1 Habanero pepper finely chopped

Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan and heat until bubbly. Reduce heat and simmer covered until consistency is right (kinda thick and sticky) Remember though this is warm so it will thicken and get stickier when cool.
Resist the urge to add much salt or any vinegar the catsup has enough

All of these measurements are approximate just season to taste

The hab can be deleted to make it a bit more user friendly.

This sauce was fantastic and a pretty close approximation to the sauce on the Whitewater Pizza Hawaiian.

OK update on this sauce, after sitting for a couple days in a jar in the fridge the heat has turned way up. This is a hot recipe and prolly only for real chileheads like myself. If you don't like alot of spice either use A. a milder pepper or B. don't use a pepper at all. I love it but be warned, as is this is four alarm sauce!! Well maybe 3.5.........

Might have to give it a try.
I usually do a 50/50 mixture of Pizza & BBQ sauce when I want a BBQ pizza. Most of the time I just go with the traditional tomato/marinara pizza, but every now and again I like a BBQ pizza.

THanks, I hope you all enjoy it. I can't wait for the sourdough starter to get done so I can make mine....... Have a great weekend all.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky