BBQ Memories with Myron Mixon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matthewstultz

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 9, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Anyone on here ever go to Myron's for the small-group  BBQ Memories class?  I'm signed up for January and getting really excited.  Normally I wouldn't drop the coin on something that expensive but I was awarded a Sabbatical with a large budget and my theme for renewal was the "table" so anything food or drink fit the theme.  

Just wondering if anyone had the experience and what they wish they would have done ahead of time or brought with them.  If you hated it and wish you had not gone, please keep that to yourself.  haha

I'm a KCBS judge and have met several other judges that have gone down and taken his class. Everyone raved about it and enjoyed their experience. If I were you just show up with an open mind and enjoy yourself. I met Myron at the Mohegan Sun BBQ contest and what a gentleman he is. Have Fun!!! 

The class was amazing.  Although it was much colder than I thought it would be in southern GA, the experience was worth it.  I have to admit I am really trying to figure out a way to put in a pit that will still comply with HOA in my neighborhood!  The food cooked that way just has something different to it.  Smoke is replaced with a flavor that is much more pleasing with the coal heat.  Myron was a great guy and really made himself available for questions.  The one thing I will pass on is a new toy I bought.  The solo pressure sprayer.  This thing makes treating the meat with vinegar or having a spritz easy peasy.  

I'm glad you had a good experience. Talk to the association and see what you can get for a pit. I know what you mean about charcoal and wood, I smoked on a gasser for years and thought it didn't get any better, I was wrong. I like the sprayer as well, thanks for sharing

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky