BBQ Chutney

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

withoutink

Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
So, I made some of Billbo's World Famous BBQ Sauce today. I slightly modified the recipe to suit others in my family. One thing that was discussed today was that the mince I did was too chunky for the wife. She wanted a smooth sauce, so I ran the sauce though a mesh strainer and pressed the onion & pepper pulp to remove whatever excess sauce I could. Well, guess what was left...

BBQ Chutney. Think about it... Onions, Peppers, Jalapenos & Garlic. All cooked down really well and infused with the bbq sauce flavor and spice.

Its the perfect topping for a burger or sandwich where you want to introduce some extra flavor.

So, I packed all the BBQ Chutney into some tupperware and popped it into the fridge. The stuff is amazing. Im going to try it for lunch tomorrow with some sort of sandwich. I bet it would be awesome in meatloaf, meatballs, fattie or even on pizza... so many ideas.

Anyway, if this has been mentioned before, I apologize Im still a newbie at all this. But I just wanted to put it out there, in case no one has thought of it before.
biggrin.gif

Inkless
icon_mrgreen.gif

Never apologize, just post more pictures! Sounds good. Would blending it work? Sounds easier than trying to push it through a strainer.

Luck to ya

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky