BBQ bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grabber

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 3, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I've been watching businesses making this on TV shows, as it seems popular down south. Anyone care to share some info on the process- time, temps, etc, it'd be much appreciated. Take care of yourselves and be safe.

Reactions: jcam222
Not to brag but we have excellent cold cuts, do to our immigrant past- Polish, Czech, German, Italian. Thanks for the quick reply and attached pics with instructions. Will definitely give it a try.

Reactions: zwiller and TNJAKE
Not to brag but we have excellent cold cuts, do to our immigrant past- Polish, Czech, German, Italian.
Same here. I regularly get Amish garlic bologna and that stuff will blow people's minds. Also a big fan of some well done bobo for breakfast.

Well somebody made burnt ends with some recently and thats my next goal,

OK, now to cause a major discussion. Thin or thick cut? In all honesty, I'm a thin cut guy. All opinion's are welcome.

No matter which way you go, it's all good. Be safe. How about toppings? Mustard, onions, all of above, etc. I've learned that when talking to people from around the country, I learn new tasty recipes, etc., that I'm glad to enjoy.

Reactions: JLeonard
I like to go all in on my smoked bologna sandwich. Texas toast, thick slab of bologna,cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles,onion and some BBQ sauce on one slice of bread and dukes mayo on the other
20191231_205831.jpg

TNJAKE TNJAKE is right on the ball with the way I eat mine. Heck I've been known to take some leftovers and pop it in the skillet to fry it and eat it with eggs on a sammich.

Reactions: TNJAKE
For breakfast I like to fry the smoked bologna. Put it on a biscuit with cheese, mustard and pickle. That's also how I eat my sausage biscuits

For breakfast I like to fry the smoked bologna. Put it on a biscuit with cheese, mustard and pickle. That's also how I eat my sausage biscuits
That's what's great about this discussion. Ideas from all over getting our food ideas going. Planning already for food bologna paradise?????

I've been wanting to smoke a chub or two, but chunk bologna around here has been hard to come by.
Jake that pic is beautiful, but I'm with JLeonard there it looks like it could use an egg.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky