• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

BBQ and Smoking Meat

rcav

Joined Mar 16, 2006
Cooking is a learning curve that never ends....unless you stop listening. My problem is I live in the Northeast and have less time to enjoy it.
Photo is of a Beef shoulder on my homemade rig.
fbbe9870_vbattach10570.jpg

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
rcav, Welcome to Smoking Meat Forums!! I used to have a barrel smoker/grill, mine was made from a 30 gal drum and worked fine cuz all I ever fed off of it was ME! :P

Nice set up with the rotisserie and the beef sure looks good. I remember boning and tying quite a few of those in my meat cutting days.

jlloyd99

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 13, 2006
rcav, did you build that rig from your own design or follow one on the web? The reason I ask is the boy is interested in building a new smoker and is having trouble finding plans that he likes. Any advice?

rcav

Joined Mar 16, 2006
It is my own design. I opened the bottom of the drum for the coals and to increase the turn radius for the spit, the foil pans stop flair ups and add moisture. Hard to see in the pics I posted, will try to add more.

rcav

Joined Mar 16, 2006
Try, try again.. The space in the center is open to the ground to prevent flairups
77af2afd_vbattach10595.jpg

23081fb9_vbattach10594.jpg

jlloyd99

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 13, 2006
Thanks rcv. I'll have to tell Ben to give this thread a gander. He'll probably get some good ideas.

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 27, 2005
yo rcav dude,
very interesting-
very way cool.

my brain doesnt hardly think original thoughts.

but i seem to be able to learn as i listen to
the experiences of other people.

im thinking about your design

rcav

Joined Mar 16, 2006
I was able to post some pics of the barrel in my album for the people interested in the design.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.