BBB Bag leaked.......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

john3198

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 2, 2009
Houston, TX
I am 4 days into curing some BBB with Hi Mountain. When I turned the butt pieces today, I noticed thet one of the zip lock bags had come open (maybe since I started - don't know) and some of the brine, like 1 Tbs, had leaked into the foil pan holding the bags.

I marked the leaking/open bag, sealed it up, and put everything back into the fridge.

Is this something to be concerned about? I can't imaging I lost enough cure to worry about, but what if the bag was opened for a few days. Any concerns?

I don't even use bags for my belly bacon. I just rub them down and stack them up in a tub. Don't worry about it a bit. That one is still curing.

Not a worry in the world. You'll be fine and you said just about a tbs and thats all???

Not to worry John.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky