Basic pork chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I only have smoked 3lb pork loin needed to get it at between 160-170 used a brown sugar and spice rub and smoked it for 2hrs then wrapped it in foil and cooked for another hour. Took the loin out of the tinfoil and cooked for another hour. Average cooking temp was about 150.

For Chops don't think the smoke will take too long since chops are usually quick cook maybe an hour. If you are butterflying and stuffing the chops it may take longer.

Hope this helps somewhat.

look through the old pork threads-I remember a few simple 1's in there

Will be doing two 7# bone in pork loins Thursday.
Made a simple brine of salt, sugar and pepper with cure#1
going to smoke until temp is 150.
wrap and towel for 1 to 2hrs then slice to 11/2" chop
to be cook on the grill this weekend.

Wife wants some of it slice real thin for her eggs.

this will kept for two wks in frige or 3 to 4 months in freezer.

Have done chops twice, good and bad results. Good from 1.5 inch thick bone in, not so good from 1 inch thick boneless. Maybe it was the bone? Rub with whatever tickles you, fridge overnight, bring temp back up before sicking the smoke on them. Bring pork to 175* internal, if it takes one hour or ten.

I like my chops with a little smoke flavor. It's not on the smoker, but what has worked for me is doing them on the grill with some wood chips/chunks for the smoke flavor. I do the same for my steaks and get great flavor out of both. Hope this helps. Let us know how it turns out.

Another little trick is if your chop is thick enough you can stand it up on edge on the bone when cooking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky