Banana Peppers stuffed with fajita grilles chicken & che

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brianj517

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 3, 2005
Northeast Ohio
The other night I tried an experiment that turned out pretty well...

My smoker was all fired up to do some wings that I planned to take to work for lunch the next day, and while I was waiting I decided to pick a few banana peppers from the abundant supply in my garden, just to munch on.

There was some left over bonless/skinless chicken breasts from the fajitas I prepared for my wife the day before. On a whim, I chopped up the chicken and added some mexican blend shredded cheese (Sargento brand) and stuffed the mixture into a half dozen of my hollowed out peppers. Then I secured the top on with two criss-crossed toothpicks and tossed 'em on the top rack. I chose the top, simply because the wings had a long way to go, and I was concerned that any drippings might not be fully heat sterilized.

Anyhow, the chicken in the peppers was already cooked, so I let 'em sit for about 45 minutes or so, to gain some smoke flavor and melt the cheese.

This was really a last minute, "seat of the pants" experiment, but the end result was very tasy. I think that they'd be good with sausage, too. Perhaps I'll try that next...

Cheers,
Brian

Sounds pretty good to me, Brian! I've never tried sweet peppers like Bananas. I have a pepper garden as well............usually the Bananas never make to the fridge before I've devoured them! LOL!

Jeff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky