Baked Beans and Smoked Jowl Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

inlaw123

Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
Here is my recipe for baked beans:
Put 2 or 3 cans of store brand baked beans [more if serving a larger group] in a casserole dish. Add 2 tablespoons of molasses, a teaspoon of mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
Next, cut up 1/2 dozen slices of smoked jowl bacon and fry until fairly well done. Add a whole cut up cooking onion and saute until slightly softened. Then pour the onions, bacon, and bacon grease into the casserole and stir up. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.

Let me say welcome to the forum. Your beans sounds very good. But like Al said need a photo around here no photo it didn't happen.

Warren

Let me say welcome to the forum. Your beans sounds very good. But like Al said need a photo around here no photo it didn't happen.

Warren
I will be making some beans and bacon pretty soon and will provide photos. I didn't know about the photo requirement. I'll also photo the next bacon roast for the forum as well. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky