bah humbug- it's always something

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
standing over the pit- kentucky
never fails in december..... thetruck is in the shop for the 2nd time this week-fuel pump this time & it's in the tank. and now to top things off the septic tank is plugged up which of course wifey is @ work & it's raining so i can't do nuthin'.
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif
is it happy hour yet ???? ok enough whining for 1 day.... good thing i had a great smoke yesterday... enjoy your smokes today & raise a toast for me.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Its Murphys law Gypsy, nothin bad ever happens when the weather is good. When did my well pump fail? In january, 20 below, I'm in the shower and just got my hair all soaped up. Darn, darn, darn.
mad.gif

Have an adult beverage, you'll feel better.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

That is too bad right before X-Mas. I guess if we were able to schedule for things to break down we would probably procrastinate..... I will tip one for ya Gypsy !!!

I'm assume'n that you live in the country.......ie septic tank. I also live in the country and a septic tank can save a marriage. Do what I do, and grab a bumber/lean on a tree/squat between some duals on a tractor.........it makes you appreciate the finer things in life.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

We still have an outhouse but it needs some work. This may make me get on that quicker than I had planned.

I feel for ya. But to live in the country is WELL worth the hassles.

God Speed Gypsy...........
Try have'n IBS in the winter.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Not to worry gypsea in the grand scheme it's not a big deal and you'll get past it,

a toast for you!

Gypsy, If it was easy, anyone could do it.

Big Al, I did not know they had any trees in Western Kansas.

If it ain't one thing, it's two!

I kind of sort of live in the country. When the homested was built it was definatley "The country" Last ten years or so that so called "Civilization" has started to creep this way. My well pump went out a week ago Thursday night or Friday morn. We didn't notice until we filled two toilet bowls and things just wouldn't go away Friday morning. Panic situation! No water, running late for work and nobody works over the weekend if I can't do it myself! I had to bite the bullet and call for help blind. Turns out it was a bad wire and not the whole pump. Ain't seen the bill yet, but I know some well digger is gonna have a Happy Christma$ because I paniced. That's OK, life in the big city I guess.

I feel for ya bro

I live in the country too. Sorry to hear about your troubles Gypsy....I'll have a cold one for ya.
smile.gif

The weather is calling for ice tonight, I have extra water ready...wood to burn and a generator for back up.

Oh yea...beer, wine and chocolate too.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Gypsy. I wish I could help....but we are too far away for me to come over fix the problem...drink one or twelve beers and chew the fat. You'll laugh about this some day...but not soon,Ha. Hope things do get better for you,bro....

we're going through the other end of the secptic system. Our township was kind enough to vote for us to pay for sewer to be run down our road. The main line is in, but we haven't had to cut the 80 line through the woods to our house yet. Next spring that will probably happen. At the end of the day I know this is going to bring houses to the farms around us as well as another monthly bill.

Well, there's always a five gallon bucket and plastic bags!

All kidding aside I have a generator and a two hundred gallon emergency supply. All basics covered. (Including a five gallon bucket and some super strength plastic bags!)

If I cannot pump water outta the ground I am lost. Clear night tonight so I am tipping a fine Scotch in your direction!

It will all work out!

Cheers!

i live in a 100 yr. old farm house- now we have city water coming in & septic going out. no worries on water. referto my "rainy day pork fest" pics- that tree got a workout today & the cats are wet & mad...
icon_razz.gif
yeah monty- the boat i grew up on never had a toilet- the marine's motto adapted( improvise,adapt- go over the side) my motto- "it's only life"....too bad i'm not smokin' today...

There is one.

Kansas is so flat that you can stand either in downtown Denver or downtown Kansas City and see the top of the tree swaying in the breeze!

icon_mrgreen.gif

in texas the wind blows cause lousyanna sucks.... i get the same weather 3 days later... i can only imagine west virginia(yeah i can say that- the inlaws are there) bwahhahhahaaa

btw- today turned out ok after all... the tree got watered, the cats ran away, you people had great smokes, & dallas won......
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif
i still smell like last night's hickory but i just really don't care.lol

Gypsy, you are totally correct. Everything is right with the world...PATS WON AGAIN. You should be proud to be able to watch history in the making...LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky