Baffle for ECB Pit’n’Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

y2kpitt

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Northwest Washington State
All, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been reading a lot of the threads around here about creating a baffle and they seem to go from fabrication to simply inverting a heat shield. I have to be honest I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have any real fabrication skills/tools and Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m wondering if I could just lay a piece of sheet metal down on left grill and put it in the lower position?

That's similar to what I've done in my Bandera. I just wrapped a double layer of aluminum foil onto one of the food racks and placed it in the lowest position over the opening from the firebox in the main chamber.

Bob,

I happen to have an old grill rack that I wasn't using and triple wrapped it with foil, I had fairly thin foil. and after a couple of excellent smoking results I have to say it has worked like a champ. Thanks for the input.

fyi, I also used an empty 55 oz can to extend the exhaust pipe into the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky