• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

badazz burgers

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
easy as 1,2,28... next time ya do a brisket- save/freeze the grease/au jus- baste upon a burger ,brat, or meatloaf.... it is mui bueno.

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
also great sprinkled on home fries w/ a shake of tony cacherie's or eriril's or just plain(old southern trick- add 1 tsp season salt,2 tbsp cayenne,1 tsp garlic(smoked & pwdrd),1/8tsp thyme, & 1/4 tsp white pepper.

bostonbbq

Smoke Blower
Joined May 5, 2007
What do you mean by "save the grease?" Are you talking about what falls down into the water basin? That doesn't sound so tasty to me.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
I think he means from the tin foil wrap - it makes lots of juice and grease.

smoked

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 14, 2006
if done correctly, the juices in the water basin are used for a "au jus" and is full of flavor. if done incorrectly then it's just crap to throw at the neighbors irritating kid!!!!

swkegelguy

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 17, 2007
I normally have a water pan under my Brisket when smoking one. Or I will put my Beans under it to catch all the wonderful drippings.

DG

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Guess that would work really well if you smoke all one thing. We do have a nice clean and foiled pan to catch the drips.

I wonder what pork, beef, turkey and Fatty Au Jus tastes like?

I may have to put separate pans in my pan and try this.

Smoked you ever try it?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.