bad lump???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ldrus

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 16, 2007
Westville, Indiana
not sure if this belongs here or in the charcoal section i just got a smoker back in july(elcheapo American Gourmet offset) i have only been using lump coal in it (Royal oak) this past weekend i used Kingsford lump and had a hard tiem keeping my temps stable they were all over the place has any one else had this prob witrh Kingsford Lump or was it jusst a fluke thing???

I'm new to all of this but i bought some Kingsford Charwood the other day and It was really fine and dusty, and like I said I'm new but my temps weren't real stable either....

I picked up some BGE but Thats really pricey, probably won't but it again..

I'm with Flagriller on this one. I've used Royal Oak exclusively with 2 exceptions, once with Kingsford and once with Cowboy brands. I will continue to use only Royal Oak as long as I can buy it. It seems to burn more evenly and the ash build up is very minimal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky