Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Medallions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mattyt7

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 14, 2018
Got the idea from something I saw on tv the other day. I was pretty happy with how they came out considering I was kind of winging it as far as smoke time, getting the bacon crispy, and setting the sauce without over doing them (though they could have been done a tad less). I didn’t think to get pictures during prep and cook, but at least I got the money shot!

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• C29A9511-C6C7-4D6F-B9A1-D04EF8668B83.jpeg
    C29A9511-C6C7-4D6F-B9A1-D04EF8668B83.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 87
Those look really good!! I have wrapped half loins in bacon to keep the outside from getting brown. Going to have to try this.

A little bit about the cook . . . I put it on the smoker with Apple wood chips for about 45 mins. Just trying to get some smoke on them and cook as little as possible at this point. From there I moved them to the grill where I cooked them standing on their sides to crisp up the bacon, rolling to a new side every few minutes. Then a minute or two on the flat sides to get some grill marks followed by another minute on each side after applying some sauce. I wanted to pull them closer to 140 IT to let the carry over bring them up to 145 while resting, but they were between 145-150 when I pulled them. Slightly drier than they would have been if I could have gotten them off when I wanted, but over all I was pretty happy with the result. Next time I’ll skip worrying about the grill marks and just get them sauced and off the grill at the target temp.

Those look good, I usually pull my tenderloins off around 140 to 143 and let the carryover bring it up to 145*. You'd probably have to precook the bacon until just before crispy to get it done. Then you could baste the tenderloins in the bacon fat while smoking.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky