bacon wrapped brussel sprouts w q/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

erain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 2, 2008
cental minnesota
rowdy ray made some a these at the iowa gathering and already being a sprout lover these were a welcome side to know how to make.
brussel sprouts cleaned ready for cooking.

wrapped in bacon, and to the smoker.

smoke til sprouts tender all the way through.

drizzled with a little garlic butter....

thks for cking my pics

Those look delicious, erain. I'll have to give them a try next time I smoke. Maybe that might convince my guys that brussel sprouts are good.
smile.gif

I think so too, but no one else here does. I get to eat them all by myself. On second thought maybe I'll just fix them and I'll keep them for myself. I won't share any.
icon_mrgreen.gif

We love the sprout here. I definely give them a try. Thanks Erain I just wish I had the set up for them tonight for the all nighter I'm in the middle of.

Those look fantastic. Brussels sprouts are one of our favorite vegetables. Love them roasted, steamed, braised, shredded, just about any way is fine. This is a new one for me. The insides look so creamy.

What temp did you use and what is the average time cooking time?

I love the combination of bacon and sprouts. My bride doesn't much care for bacon or other porky products so may have to improvise on these.

Points to you erain for a interesting and delicious looking sprout prep.
points.gif

Just tell em their bacon wrapped moinks. They won't know any better at least not till they get a taste.

IMHO no ruined bacon here. Yummo.

Right up my alley Erain.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I love sprouts.

I tried these over the weekend in my smoker, and they were great. I am hooked. I sprinkled rub mix on both the Brussel Sprouts and the bacon after wrapped.

It did seem like the sprout need a little marinade on the inside to get a bit more flavor, maybe a salt water marinade for a day or two would help.

I also tried these on the grill and they turned out terrible. Hard to control the flames, bacon unwrapped, Brussel Sprouts themselves very tough. you need to parboil them I think to make them tender, if they are to be cooked on the grill. The smoker is the way to go.

Dean

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky