Bacon time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irishteabear

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 22, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Picked up a belly while out shopping at an Amish market a while ago.  Trimmed it up and rubbed it with buckboard bacon mix.  In the fridge it went.

882e0937_P6290226.jpg

Also did three 2lb pieces of CB in a mixture of TQ and my rub minus the salt.  No pics though.

Today they will be going in the smokers, plus a couple of meatloaves.  The belly bacon is in the Bandera now being smoked with a mix of apple and hickory. 

027d68f7_P7110666.jpg

Later today the CB and meatloaves will go in the Brinkmann.  I'll try to remember to take pics then.

Dawn, thanks for sharing the good stuff. I'll be waiting on the pics. It's all good my friend.

Canadian bacon waiting to go on the Brinkmann. Going to use oak and keep it around 225.

0c75b900_P7110668.jpg

It looks like a good start and I look forward to more Qview later

Bellies are looking great!  Temps are fairly easy to keep around 120 now that I put an umbrella up to shade the smoker.  Was getting false high readings from the sun beating down on it.  They've been cold smoking since 7 am.

e1a946f9_P7110669.jpg

Those look great!!

Lookin' Great Dawn,

But I knew it would. You're one of the ones who taught me CB way back when you were just a kid----Ooops, you still are.

Seems somebody at your house eats a lot of outstanding Bacon!

Thanks for showing---I await the slicing pics,

Bear

Out of the smoker after 12 hours and into the fridge for the night.  Will partially freeze and slice tomorrow.  Stay tuned!
biggrin.gif

65d23a0f_P7110672.jpg

YUM I know somebody thats gonna be having some good bacon for awhile 
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Canadian bacon, sliced. The younger vultures were swarming as I was starting to bag it up and pronounced it delicious.

cd5e4b84_P7120673.jpg

The belly bacon was frozen when I sliced it, worked great that way! Cooked up a couple of slices for the vultures to try. The younger one said it was the best bacon he's ever had. The older one wouldn't even try it. When I asked him why his reply was "Because I can". Teenagers! 
icon_rolleyes.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

62ee0720_P7120674.jpg

It looks gook looks like your set for awhile on bacon!!  If the older one doesn't try it thats not all bad it means more for the rest of you 
biggrin.gif

cool.gif

Now thats some mighty fine looking bacon you have there Dawn. You should be set for a little while. I'm sure you will be loving the BLT's that are coming now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky