Bacon Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LJTheriot

Original poster
Mar 20, 2019
Hey everyone, I am looking for some help. I have tried making a raspberry and chipotle bacon twice. The first time I used raspberry extract and chipotle powder mixed in with the standard salt, sugar and curing salt to make a kind of slurry that I coated the belly in. I let it cure in a ziplock for ten days before cold smoking, it didn't have much effect on the flavor. The next time I used raspberry powder and the same cure as before thinking that might soak into the meat better. It did have better flavor, but I wouldn't say it tasted like raspberry or chipotle. So my question is does anyone have any suggestions on how I might achieve my goal of infusing flavor into the bacon? I'm not looking for my bacon to taste like eating a raspberry, just would like it to have a strong hint.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I tried that on the second batch, when I used the raspberry powder.

Reactions: weedeater
Maybe after curing and before smoking inject with a chunky rasberry mix. My injector has a really big needle that would allow that.

Reactions: piker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky