Bacon patty melt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thestealth

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
KC Metro, Kansas
We had some left over hamburger from my nieces b-day party this past weekend, so, for dinner tonight I used some left overs to make a bacon patty melt fatty (bacon, ham, cheese, peppers, garlic and burger)
I can never seem to get any "as built" pictures, but you all know how they're made...anyways...

I had a bit too much hamburger, so I smoked a couple of those as well. When I was putting cheese on them, I put the left over cheese on top of my fatty.

I think it looks good enough too eat.
icon_cool.gif

Here's a couple pics of my smokin' buddies...
Ginni

Ginni, Blondie and Mocha

I don't think they'll be much help on an all nighter.
icon_smile.gif

Yep...pretty good, better have some seconds...you know, just to be sure.

I went light on the filling...1 tobasco pepper, 5 cloves of garlic, 9 squares of mozzarella, 4 thin slices of ham. I didn't want the filling to be too overpowering. *the boss just stormed through the kitchen on her way to walk with a friend, she gave it a thumbs up*

Yep, pretty good the second time around too.
icon_cool.gif

Funny how that works out isn't it.
tongue.gif

ahhh
icon_redface.gif
cute pups. Piggy and Blondie could be sisters.
*edit wrong pic
*edit right pic

Buddy looks awfully serious in that pic. Are they lab/golden mixes? Mocha and Ginni will bark outside when people or critters are around, but not too much. Once they get barking, we bring them inside (for the sake/sanity of our neighbors).

I'd share, but Jersey's a bit far.
biggrin.gif

Thanks, it was pretty good.

I found that hamburger is harder to keep together than sausage, at least this time it was. I didn't have enough bacon to do a proper weave, so maybe it was just more noticeable.

Ol' Richtee gave me a pro-tip when using ground beef for fatties...sometimes I gotta have something besides pork!

For every 1 lb of ground beef you are using, mix in a small packet of regular gelatin mix...you can't taste it and it will help hold the meat together. Gotta mix it thoroughly, but then you should notice it holds together better.

I just threw the pepper in there because we have several. We've not had enough tomatoes to make a big batch of salsa and marinade, so I'm using them up whenever I get the chance. It added a nice bit of spice too it.
biggrin.gif

Good tip. I'll try that next time I cook a hamburger fatty.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I have found that a large egg per 2 lbs of hamburger gives it the right "stick-together-ness" like sausage has. I use it in making patties too. You can't taste it but it really helps.

Mark

Definelly a nice job thats a good lookin Fattie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky