Bacon onion rings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2016
Central Pennsylvania
First time making these delicious apps. Very simple. Slice a large sweet, pull out the rings and wrap in bacon. Some rings required 3 pieces of bacon to wrap.
EDC754F7-7A48-4F33-8C71-CBDCFF51EF85.jpeg

Smogrilled for 1.5 hrs
21329A82-51A7-47F2-83C8-994B2A12D812.jpeg

Sorry not many fished pics.
8F2A2F22-5A17-40F6-A00A-31A68D7139F9.jpeg
Definitely hope to do these again soon

Thinking I'd have to have the wife and kid do the wrapping. I dont have the patience now the finger dexterity for that. Yours look darn good.
Jim

Reactions: negolien
I think I could make a meal from just them. They look great.

Nice job Peachey! I know they taste awesome! Take a bit of time to put together but disappear in a heartbeat!

Ryan

I love them, but I'm lazy, too.
I use premade o-rings from the freezer section. Must use whole onion and not minced. I also use the cheapest thinnest store bacon. Don't worry if you leave some gaps the bacon crisps quicker and the breading gets a nice brown

I jusr saw a recipe for this today and yours look great. That's a sign that this is a must do !

That is crazy. Looks like I now have my Super Bowl appetizer. I expect to be smoking a back of home made bacon a few days before. Bacon onion rings and brisket or beef short ribs depending on Costco Inventory.

Man I really need to do these....they look amazing! Nice looking rings peachey!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky