BACON-ON-A-STICK (Step By Step)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sadly I am on a low-carb diet, so I did not add the brown sugar. I will be sure to soak/test the ribs before I smoke them though!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Bear

Smoked Bear's Bacon on a Stick yesterday..It turned out great..Wife loves Bacon and it taste like bacon..she just kept saying how good it was..great recipe..

Smoked Bear's Bacon on a Stick yesterday..It turned out great..Wife loves Bacon and it taste like bacon..she just kept saying how good it was..great recipe..
That's Great, and I agree with your wife----Bacon-on-a-stick is one of the Best Tasting things I ever Smoke. Right up there with Bacon & Smoked Prime Rib!!!

Glad you enjoyed it !!

Bear

Having tried a few of Bear's step by step recipes and succeeding I thought it was time to try the bacon on a stick recipe. The reviews were great. One person even said his wife called them the best ribs he'd ever made.

Well, what do I have to lose?

So I followed the directions (perfect, by the way) ,cured, and then smoked two racks up yesterday. Easy, peasy.

Sure enough my neighbors and wife loved them. MY wife said they were the best ribs she'd ever have, and she's a RIB gal. I have requests to make them again, REGULARLY !!!

So, you've done it again. Excellent recipe and Step by Step.

Thanks from all of us down here in Texas.

Having tried a few of Bear's step by step recipes and succeeding I thought it was time to try the bacon on a stick recipe. The reviews were great. One person even said his wife called them the best ribs he'd ever made.

Well, what do I have to lose?

So I followed the directions (perfect, by the way) ,cured, and then smoked two racks up yesterday. Easy, peasy.

Sure enough my neighbors and wife loved them. MY wife said they were the best ribs she'd ever have, and she's a RIB gal. I have requests to make them again, REGULARLY !!!

So, you've done it again. Excellent recipe and Step by Step.

Thanks from all of us down here in Texas.
Thank You for the Great Report, Marc!!!

I'm real glad you liked them!  It seems everyone who likes Bacon & Ham thinks these are the best Ribs they ever had, including me.

Thanks Again,

Bear

Hey diamondmarco where abouts in East Texas are you ?

And your right about Bears Step by Steps I have a whole book of them printed out.

Gary

Hey diamondmarco where abouts in East Texas are you ?

And your right about Bears Step by Steps I have a whole book of them printed out.

Gary
Thank You Gary!!

Glad you like them!

Bear

Been wanting to try this for a long time, my only regret is not trying them sooner... This is an amazing recipe. Thank you Bear for sharing this, much appreciated. The fam loves these & we will be making this again soon. Nice SBS buddy! Thumbs Up

Been wanting to try this for a long time, my only regret is not trying them sooner... This is an amazing recipe. Thank you Bear for sharing this, much appreciated. The fam loves these & we will be making this again soon. Nice SBS buddy!
icon14.gif
Thank You Justin!!

I knew you'd Love it !!!

Bear

Rather than PM Bear, I decided to put this question here for all to see. I tend to work 7 days a week. Seldom do I have 3-4 days forewarning before a day off. When I do get it, the weatherman is not co-operating.

Is there any reason I should not cure and freeze until I have time to cook ? I see no reason I can't but more experianced hands may know better than I.

I am hopeing to start the cure tonight (Monday) and cook Friday. Rain in forecast, but too far out to be that sure. If I get rained out, I want to freeze and cook at a later date.

Rather than PM Bear, I decided to put this question here for all to see. I tend to work 7 days a week. Seldom do I have 3-4 days forewarning before a day off. When I do get it, the weatherman is not co-operating.

Is there any reason I should not cure and freeze until I have time to cook ? I see no reason I can't but more experianced hands may know better than I.

I am hopeing to start the cure tonight (Monday) and cook Friday. Rain in forecast, but too far out to be that sure. If I get rained out, I want to freeze and cook at a later date.
I wouldn't wait too long, because I believe the cure can disipate over time--How long, I don't know, but I would get it done within a couple weeks after curing.

Unless somebody else has better suggestion.

Also--I only cured these for a few days because they didn't need the full time cure, because I hot smoked them.

However you could leave them in the cure for a week or two, instead of a few days.

If you Dry cure them for more than 2 weeks, be sure to soak them in water & do a Salt-Fry Test before smoking.

Bear

I plan to follow the step by srep to the letter. Freezer is just a failsafe in case weather interfers. Nice to know I can leave in cure longer, but the She-Beast will have a fit if I wait that long to cook it.

I plan to follow the step by srep to the letter. Freezer is just a failsafe in case weather interfers. Nice to know I can leave in cure longer, but the She-Beast will have a fit if I wait that long to cook it.
Once you get it out of cure, you could keep it in the Fridge a few days before smoking too.

Let me know how you make out.

Bear

OK Checking back in. They have been in cure since wednesday night (now saturday night). I rinsed, soaked, and test fried. OMG... it takes might near all my will power not to keep whittleing on them and "test Fry the whole rack. This is going to be awesome.

I had intended this to be an experiment, for my consumption only, til I knew how it came out. But the youngest daughter spotted them in the fridge and invited herself and her boyfriend for ribs tomarrow night. not knowing how it might be recieved, I thawed more ribs and whipped up some of Disco's Memphis Rub. Got them in the fridge chillin til I get off work tomarrow. Sorry folks dinner is going to be a late affair !

OK Checking back in. They have been in cure since wednesday night (now saturday night). I rinsed, soaked, and test fried. OMG... it takes might near all my will power not to keep whittleing on them and "test Fry the whole rack. This is going to be awesome.

I had intended this to be an experiment, for my consumption only, til I knew how it came out. But the youngest daughter spotted them in the fridge and invited herself and her boyfriend for ribs tomarrow night. not knowing how it might be recieved, I thawed more ribs and whipped up some of Disco's Memphis Rub. Got them in the fridge chillin til I get off work tomarrow. Sorry folks dinner is going to be a late affair !
That's Great !!

Just keep following the Step by Steps, and if you think that stuff is good during the Test-Fry, you won't believe how good it is after smoking!!

Let us know how everybody loves it !!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky