backs and spares,

Discussion in 'Pork' started by capt dan, May 18, 2008.

1. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

As mentioned in another thread, got a few ribs at Sam's club, and decided to smoke em up for a dinner with guests on tuesday!

this pic is 2 hrs into the smoke, backs to the far right, spares in the center. Took some of the junk trimmings and rolled into a ball, its way back in the corner. We'll see how it all works out. Windy and cool here today, eating lots of oak, and cherry for the smoke![​IMG]

2. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks great. I'm coming over for dinner......LOL
    Andy.

3. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

a few ribs??? a few!!??? Dan, those look like enough to feed a small retirement community! LOL ...

Nice looking grub, am excited to see the results!

4. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Tastey vittle cap, mighty tastey!

5. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

This is the finished product, still on the pit, about to come off. Not too happy with the amount of meat on these ribs, but I am only having 10 people over so 6 racks will be more than enough. I didn't take any pics of them cut up, cuz I just cut each rack into thirds and stacked em in foil, then into a big freezer bag, to the fridge until tuesday afternoon.

After the ribs were done, I still had alot of fire left and some "check eye " steaks in the fridge, so I dusted them with Daddy Hinkles quick marinade powder, and took the fire up to about 350, and tossed the lil steaks onthe hot side of the Lang, 6 minutes a side, and they were awesome. I wish I would have taken a pic of them, but I didn't.

Everyone have a great week, time for honey do's now![​IMG]

6. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Them look fine ta me cap! Bring em over, I'll give em a taste test an let ya know!

7. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

yup, look good here as well. great job!!!