• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Baby Fat? Just an idea...

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 28, 2010
Sooo... The Husband is going to have a bunch of buddies over on Sunday.  I was thinking about offering to make "Baby Fats."

Here's my idea: I roll out a half dozen 1qt bags (ziplock sandwich size) of sausage. Make up a bunch of cooked fillings (shredded cheese, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, sliced jalepenos, pepperoni, hash browns etc) Let the boys each pack up a half cup or so of fillings THEY want. I roll 'em, stuff 'em, wrap 'em in bacon and smoke 'em for dinner.  Everybody gets thier own Baby Fat.

What do you think?

-Princess

shooter1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 30, 2009
LOL, at least it wasn't what I thought it was.
 I like it, sounds like a great idea!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
We have done something similar and it is fun. Take a toothpick and have them write their name on a small scrap of paper and tape it to the toothpick then stick it into the meat and it is easier to identify at the end

You are gonna have fun with this one for sure

Last edited:

bpopovitz

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 29, 2008
I've done that when I didnt have quite enough sausage to do another full one.  Turned out great.  Have to watch those a little closer though they do cook quite a bit faster.

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
LOL shooter1

I think the pick your filling is a great idea.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

We have something like that it's called a "Moink ball" But yours is definatly filled with alot more pure goodness. I hope you get some Q-view of them. 

que-ball

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 11, 2009
Sounds like a good plan, but I think a half cup of filling might be a little much for the small amount of sausage.  I recommend a practice run before game day, with lots of qview.

smoke_chef

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 22, 2008
Sounds like a great idea. Look forward to q-view. Oh... what time should I be over?

palmerbbq

Joined Jul 11, 2010
This is a fantastic idea.  They should be a lot easier to assemble than a traditional fatty as well.  I may have to give this one a try for sure.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Great idea everybody gets just what they want that way

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.