Baby Fat? Just an idea...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Lafayette, Indiana
Sooo... The Husband is going to have a bunch of buddies over on Sunday.  I was thinking about offering to make "Baby Fats."

Here's my idea: I roll out a half dozen 1qt bags (ziplock sandwich size) of sausage. Make up a bunch of cooked fillings (shredded cheese, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, sliced jalepenos, pepperoni, hash browns etc) Let the boys each pack up a half cup or so of fillings THEY want. I roll 'em, stuff 'em, wrap 'em in bacon and smoke 'em for dinner.  Everybody gets thier own Baby Fat.

What do you think?

-Princess

LOL, at least it wasn't what I thought it was.
icon_mrgreen.gif
 I like it, sounds like a great idea!

We have done something similar and it is fun. Take a toothpick and have them write their name on a small scrap of paper and tape it to the toothpick then stick it into the meat and it is easier to identify at the end

You are gonna have fun with this one for sure

Last edited:
I've done that when I didnt have quite enough sausage to do another full one.  Turned out great.  Have to watch those a little closer though they do cook quite a bit faster.

icon_cool.gif

We have something like that it's called a "Moink ball" But yours is definatly filled with alot more pure goodness. I hope you get some Q-view of them. 

Sounds like a good plan, but I think a half cup of filling might be a little much for the small amount of sausage.  I recommend a practice run before game day, with lots of qview.

This is a fantastic idea.  They should be a lot easier to assemble than a traditional fatty as well.  I may have to give this one a try for sure.

Great idea everybody gets just what they want that way

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky