Baby Backs with Q/View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

polishmeat

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 30, 2009
Chicago
Working from home today, so decided to treat myself to a slab. Will be using apple wood, smoking at 225-250. Using some new Lysander's pork rub I picked up, as well as some Famous Daves rib but, and Strawberry's Grand Champion seasoning that I got from Rivet (great stuff). Will post progress pics

Looks like a wonderful start. Keep that qview coming.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks guys.

Jim - these are from the new polish deli (Green Food and Produce, funny name i know) that replaced the Bobak's store at 159th and wolf. I love that place. Ribs are really good, and at 2.99/lb, I couldn't resist.

really nice looking rack,

I wasnt going to do ribs this weekend but may need to now.
icon_smile.gif

Now thoses are some fine looking ribs but I would smoke them alittle more before I eat any if I were you???

Here are the final pics. Glazed the ribs with some Open Pit on the grill for 8 minutes on low. The weber from Craigslist was a steal, at 100 bucks for the older Genesis C model, with 3 burners and a side burner, can't go wrong. Just had to buy the warming basket, cross over ignition bar, and therm. I made my own flavorizer bars from thick angle iron, and drilled some holes through them, since the thickness kinda cuts the heat, but the stock flavorizer bars are Sh*t in my opinion. Also, did a lemon pepper marinated chicken breast, skewered up, along with some zuchinni on the side burner with some Lawry's and minced garlic for the girls. Great dinner. time for a smoke

And for dessert, a polish raspberry filled Paczki, to be shared between the girls and me:

really nice ribs Martin(if I use sauce I am a fan of Open Pit as well).
points.gif

Your pics put me over the edge, definitely stopping to get a slab to do Saturday or Sunday @ Brookhaven on the way home Friday night.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky