Baby Backs with Q/View

Discussion in 'Pork' started by polishmeat, Apr 13, 2010.

1. polishmeat

polishmeat Meat Mopper

Working from home today, so decided to treat myself to a slab. Will be using apple wood, smoking at 225-250. Using some new Lysander's pork rub I picked up, as well as some Famous Daves rib but, and Strawberry's Grand Champion seasoning that I got from Rivet (great stuff). Will post progress pics

2. chisoxjim

chisoxjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

nice martin.

where did you get those ribs? Brookhaven?

3. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks like a wonderful start. Keep that qview coming.[​IMG]

4. polishmeat

polishmeat Meat Mopper

Thanks guys.

Jim - these are from the new polish deli (Green Food and Produce, funny name i know) that replaced the Bobak's store at 159th and wolf. I love that place. Ribs are really good, and at 2.99/lb, I couldn't resist.

5. Man i havent had BB's in a while... been doing spares for the past 2 months... maybe a slab of BB's will be added to my Saturday Smoke menu... Looking good!

6. chisoxjim

really nice looking rack,

I wasnt going to do ribs this weekend but may need to now. [​IMG]

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now thoses are some fine looking ribs but I would smoke them alittle more before I eat any if I were you???

8. polishmeat

polishmeat Meat Mopper

2.5 hours in, mopped with OJ, rum, & lil olive oil.

9. Lookin' real good.

10. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. caveman

Looking good like baby backs should. Good work there. Keep it coming.

12. northern greenhorn

northern greenhorn Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

How many times, have those words been in my head [​IMG] nice ribs, making me want to make some too

13. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Don't see anything wrong with those racks. Man, those look tasty!

14. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

The joys of working at home...looking real good.

15. polishmeat

polishmeat Meat Mopper

Here are the final pics. Glazed the ribs with some Open Pit on the grill for 8 minutes on low. The weber from Craigslist was a steal, at 100 bucks for the older Genesis C model, with 3 burners and a side burner, can't go wrong. Just had to buy the warming basket, cross over ignition bar, and therm. I made my own flavorizer bars from thick angle iron, and drilled some holes through them, since the thickness kinda cuts the heat, but the stock flavorizer bars are Sh*t in my opinion. Also, did a lemon pepper marinated chicken breast, skewered up, along with some zuchinni on the side burner with some Lawry's and minced garlic for the girls. Great dinner. time for a smoke

And for dessert, a polish raspberry filled Paczki, to be shared between the girls and me:

16. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Everything looks PERFECT! ------>>[​IMG]

Bearcarver

17. caveman

Hmmmmmmmm......zuchinni. Very nice looking rack there buddy. And the Paczki, well I am a sucker for Raspberry. Good job. I can score you some [​IMG]for it.

18. wingman

wingman Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Nicely done there! Great looking ribs. [​IMG]

19. chisoxjim

really nice ribs Martin(if I use sauce I am a fan of Open Pit as well). [​IMG]

Your pics put me over the edge, definitely stopping to get a slab to do Saturday or Sunday @ Brookhaven on the way home Friday night. [​IMG]

20. [​IMG] a polish raspberry filled Paczki [​IMG]