• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Baby Back's with q-View - 2-2-1

joopster

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 30, 2013
I picked up a couple racks to do tomorrow for dinner.  My wife was put on jury duty so I am pseudo working from home and smoking!

I did one rack in cayenne pepper and stubb's.  This will be my rack and then coated in devils spit! The second I did for my wife and kids in SPOG - they will get the regular bbq sauce.

The house smells so good right now from all the seasonings and then the stuffed pork loin I have in the crock pot at the moment for dinner tonight - leftovers from my other thread from Saturday.

tr00ter

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 29, 2014
Lookin good Joopster!  Those could be some spicy ribs in the end I'm thinking....

haughtcm

Joined Jan 22, 2014
Can't wait to see the finished product! I like my ribs on the spicy side as well. But the wife can't take the heat, so I don't get to do ribs like that. 

tr00ter

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 29, 2014
Looks great Joopster!!!  We are sitting at -17 here so I'll live my smoking through you.

stank56

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 7, 2013
Ribs look great! I'm with the you here from lower Michigan, just have to put more clothes on though.

Last edited:

yotzee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 8, 2013
Looking good!

I still occasionally smoke with charcoal on my Weber Kettle.  Depends what I'm doing and what I feel like at the moment

joopster

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 30, 2013
Ribs look great! I'm with the you here from lower Michigan, just have to put more clothes on though.
Where abouts? Coldwater?  I have the grill pulled up to the patio sliding door.  Even though it's cold I stay fairly warm ;)

joopster

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 30, 2013

Looking good!

I still occasionally smoke with charcoal on my Weber Kettle.  Depends what I'm doing and what I feel like at the moment
I had been buying the big bags of lump from the meat shop - but was at wally world and got some cowboy.  The chunks are much bigger and burn better - I am going to stick with that or kroger brand lump.  That junk I was using before might have been cheap but it was broken down into very small pieces...

yotzee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 8, 2013
I use good ol fashion Kingsford Blue.  Works like a charm.

Don't you think the Sam Cold Snap is nothing more than Summer Ale?

dougmays

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Nov 18, 2010
is that all red pepper on the one rack? if so your a crazy man! :)

joopster

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 30, 2013

I use good ol fashion Kingsford Blue.  Works like a charm.

Don't you think the Sam Cold Snap is nothing more than Summer Ale?
Very similar....Summer ale has more of an IPA taste....at least I think - draft cold snap was much better than can...

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.