• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Baby Backs over cherry wood

kelbro

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 22, 2009
First time that I've used cherry for pork. Nice color and smooth, mild smoke taste. I'll be doing this again!

Served up with some fresh corn from down the road, serrano cornbread, beans, and some fermented cherry tomatoes from my garden. No room for dessert tonight!
IMG_1138.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

tbern

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 27, 2015
Beautiful looking meal!! Great color on the meat and that cornbread makes me hungry for some now!!

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 25, 2019
Great job! Cherry is meant for pork as far as I am concerned, gives the best color. You can mix other wood for flavor but cherry cranks for the color.

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
That is a big plate of HAPPY right there.

I don't see any problem putting dessert off for a couple minutes after a nice plate like that. lol

David

Crazy88

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 5, 2020
First time that I've used cherry for pork. Nice color and smooth, mild smoke taste. I'll be doing this again!

Served up with some fresh corn from down the road, serrano cornbread, beans, and some fermented cherry tomatoes from my garden. No room for dessert tonight! View attachment 640888

View attachment 640889
That is a dandy looking rack of ribs, nice work. Meal sounds fantastic.

Crazy88

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 5, 2020
It imparts the best color I think, smoke is good to. I run mostly pellet smokers, and tend to stick with hickory and mesquite, on occasion a blend of some sort.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Cherry Vs. Apple......????
Cherry by far gives the best smoke color, apple a bit more flavor but less color.

I use a cherry apple mix but now have really settled on a cherry pecan mix in my smokehouse, beautiful color and nice smoke flavor.

kelbro

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 22, 2009
Cherry by far gives the best smoke color, apple a bit more flavor but less color.

I use a cherry apple mix but now have really settled on a cherry pecan mix in my smokehouse, beautiful color and nice smoke flavor.

Agreed!

Wish I could find pecan around here but I can't complain too much...I have a lot of hickory and white oak on our place.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.