Baby Backs for tomorrow (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Morris County, New Jersey
Doing first Baby Backs tomorrow. I just made some more of Jeff's sauce and rub. I took off the membrane and tomorrow afternoon im ready to go. Going to do 2-2-1, apple juice ever hour and sauce last hour. This is what I have so far and ill keep Q-View going tomorrow.

Jeff's Rub

Jeff's Sauce

Membrane Removed and yellow mustard added

Sprinkle on some Rub

Zoom of Rub

Wrapped and ready for tomorrow

Spray bottle with apple juice and rub in a cheese/red pepper jar

wish me luck.

Good luck, but good planning always trumps luck and looks like you have a good plan. I am also doing baby backs tomorrow, wife likes them to fall off bone, so I am going 2-2.5-.5

my wife asked me before, "are they going to fall off the bone?"

so maybe i should do the same time you are. i am going to smoke around 230-250 so do you think 2-2-1 is not good?

OPk there Mr. Jersey smoker guy I would say to smoke them the 2-2-1 method and see how they come out. Then if you want alittle more pull the your ribs then shorten the time in the foil. See how they come out and then make your adjustments.

Put ribs on smoker at 3 been on for 40 minuts, little prob with temp at first it shot up to 300 but playing with door and what not so got it pretty steady now.

no problem. i just sprayed them at 4 since they have been in for an hour i have temp from 250-275 having a little trouble controlling it but its getting better. going to foil in 45 minutes. Going to have Q-View at four hours in pre-sauce and after sauce is applied. then hopefully you will see the empty bones after me and my wife eat the rack.

Looks like a great finish is coming up...Waiting for the Q-View...
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky