Baby back ribs

Discussion in 'Pork' started by dgross, Feb 17, 2007.

1. [​IMG] Hi everyone ! My hubby and I are doing our 1st attempt at BBR today. We rubbed them last night, wrapped in plastic, and put them on at about 1 after letting them sit at room temp for 20 min. . Got up to temp and followed the 2.5-2-1 method. They are still in the 1 mode and look forward to a good dinner later [​IMG] . Try to post some pics before the subjects are devoured [​IMG] ! Let you know how they turn out [​IMG] . Daun

2. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Ooooohhh, your in for a treat. Be sure and show us some pics now.[​IMG]

3. Oh Cajunsmoker you were soooooooo right [​IMG] ! The BBR's were delish and am going to try to post some pics now [​IMG] .!These are the 1st half with more to follow [​IMG] .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Now the fun part.... Chow time [​IMG] ! [​IMG] Runnin as fast as I can [​IMG] ! Daun
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looking very good daun, Im jealous didnt get to smoke this week end.

6. Right down to the plate full of bones!!! I love it!!! [​IMG]

7. Thanks ya'll [​IMG] ! I have to say that they were truly delish and I couldn't resist the finished plate- good tribute to the cook [​IMG] !
    SmokeEater, My mom was from upstate NY and that is truly God's Country [​IMG] ! Are ya'll coming to the SMF gathering? Its going to be a blast [​IMG] !!! Daun

8. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Daun those were great looking ribs! Your making me hungry!

9. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

I guess judging by the plate of bones I am late for supper. Looks good Daun.

10. zardnok

zardnok Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Oink!! Oink!!

11. gypc

gypc Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Yummy!!!!!!! I love to look at the pics and drool!!!

12. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks so good that I want ribs with my coffee.[​IMG]

13. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ribs, coffee and then a good cigar!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

14. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Those look great Daun. It's nice to see some meaty BBR's. Most meat shops would rather cut the meat off closer to the bone. Right now, boneless pork chops and whole boneless pork loins are selling for $5.00 a lb. in my area.

15. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking groceries there Daun!!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

16. This is Daun's Hubby! Hi Yall!
    Daun's stuffin her face with GOOD GRUB!!![​IMG]
    We smoked a JD Hot fatty yesterday along with the ribs and she made buttermilk biscuits for brunch this morning. (Ain't she something?) I ate, she checked replies (strange sense of priorities) and now it's my turn at the keyboard. Picts below, film at 11!

FL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Dutch, they are pricey here too unless you go to Sam's Club or catch a good deal like I did on these [​IMG] .
    Meowy, thanks for the rub post-used it on the smoke before this one and the ribs were great [​IMG] !
    This is such a great place to hang out- especially when its cold outside [​IMG] ! Daun

18. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hi there FL, mmmmmmmm, ain't nothing better than some sausage and biscut's!!! [​IMG] Is it possible to gain weight just from looking at picture's of food cause I swear Iv'e gained 5 pounds since joining this forum [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Dearheart, I feel your pain! All it takes is the mention of good food and my weight and cholesterol go up! That's what cholesterol is though, isn't it? The stuff that makes food taste good! You can tell; Everything that has low cholesterol tastes like sawdust or dirt. High cholesterol, high fat, smoked meat, good eats; Yep, there's definately a link in there somewhere!

However, I don't put the calories in the pictures, I just put the pictures on the forum. Your mileage may vary! [​IMG]

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!) Daun doesn't make biscuits every day. Otherwise I'd have to ride in the back of the truck instead of the front seat![​IMG] Her mom was from upstate NY and never got the hang of buttermilk biscuits but MY honey is a good ole Southern Girl! Biscuits just happen when she gets into the flour! Buttermilk biscuits, sliced fatty, high cholesterol, high fat, smoked meat, good eats; Yep, there's definately a link in there somewhere!!!
    FL

20. You guys did a heck of a job! Great shots too! Now I gotta get to Sam’s and get me some grub ta smoke!