• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

caveman

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
I guess my question is: Do we get to use bigger avatars as mine in the sandbox is streched & unrecognizable.

Also, I know we will not be able to use pictures in our signatures. Is that the permanent answer?

Just thinking from the user / member's point of view.

I am not sure about the avatars.. I think the avatars will continue to be smaller than what we are used to now. I had not noticed that they are stretched but I will have to ask about that.

As far as signatures.. I know they are working on better signatures. I don't think it will ever be a free palate like we have in vBulletin (and probably shouldn't be) but they are working to make it a little more customizable.

We'll just have to see what they come up with.

Answer from Huddler:

In the signature editing, a click of the return key on your keyboard doesn't actually insert a <br> tag into the HTML (instead it's inserting <p> tags) which I think is why the line breaks are not being respected. If you go into source mode and insert a <br>, it will respect breaks for up to 5 lines. After that, the text will automatically be pulled onto the previous line.

Signatures at the moment are indeed quite limited which I know will be a tough thing for the community given that lots of folks to have quite a bit of formatting. The team is already doing work for the next few releases to make signatures much more exciting which will include the ability to link an album or list (along with the main thumbnail for the album or list) automatically below the free text signature area.

That is true but if the community can look past that, they will stumble upon other features that may keep them happy, hopefully. I love my sig but I am not going to cry over losing it. As long as testing / work is being done to improve it, then one could only hope that everyone else adapts to the same attitude. Thanks for the update, as usual Jeff.

Anthony

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky