August 2017 Throwdown "YardBird" Winners!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tough choice.

Everyone did a great job.

Congrats to the winners.

I am happy these TD's are back up and running.

Thanks Case.

Reactions: Rings Я Us
ChileRelleno, Yours was where I was wanting to go.. kinda like a Bobby Flay
Brunch thing,.. with waffles and bacon..chicken and somehow, work in a syrup with a heat.. and some kind of a drink.... but I didn't peruse that route.. I'm thinking maybe next time.. Hires a good designer to arrange my next throwdown entry..

Last edited:
We never got any prizes.. I wasn't going to say anything. But the other guy said he never got anything in the mail either.
I was kinda afraid to bother mentioning.

We never got any prizes.. I wasn't going to say anything. But the other guy said he never got anything in the mail either.
I was kinda afraid to bother mentioning.

Well let’s see, Amazon said both of you received the packages.

Neither of you sent me a PM regarding this.

C framer altered to me that prizes had not been received.

I resent the packages again claiming that they had not been received.

Not sure what’s going on here. The other members that have been recipients of prizes have received them.

To date I’ve sent and spent $50+ Each sending you guys prizes you haven’t received for a contest I wanted to be prize free!

Well let’s see, Amazon said both of you received the packages.

Neither of you sent me a PM regarding this.

C framer altered to me that prizes had not been received.

I resent the packages again claiming that they had not been received.

Not sure what’s going on here. The other members that have been recipients of prizes have received them.

To date I’ve sent and spent $50+ Each sending you guys prizes you haven’t received for a contest I wanted to be prize free!
Honest to God, yeah we never got anything. Wonder what the heck happened to those. I appreciate you doing that for us..
Didn't know you were doing out of pocket stuff for the contest.
Knowing that now, I sure hope it works this time.

Thanks so much.

Wow I haven’t looked at this post in a while... I thought I posted something in it about the results but I guess not. My bad.

Dirtsailor I talked to you a few times about prizes. You were having issues getting to the post office for a while there but I did get a thermometer from you sent from amazon. Thank you! It’s been so long I can’t remember when it arrived. Late November sometime I’m thinking? Possibly December? Sorry I just don’t remember but it’s appreciated.
I appreciate the fact that members take the time to think of these contests, post them, and vote on them. I should have sent you a pm when I received the thermo, and said thank you so you knew it arrived. I apologize. I’m sure I was busy and it slipped my mind.

Scott

86C8987B-F170-4416-9E58-C8DCCF08F9CC.jpeg

Scout & myself posing with the stump full of bloody chicken and fresh picked corn. Keep your coops locked you don’t want to see these two showing up in your yard...

Well I won part of this throwdown so first I want to take time to thank God. Next I want to thank all the little people who helped make this happen. The girl who made sure the candy bowl in my hotel room only had green M&Ms in it, and the people who made sure my fridge was stocked with fresh beers, and..... :)

Just kidding! Had to do it! Acceptance speeches make me laugh.

In all seriousness this was a fun contest. As soon as I heard it I knew I was going to do a chicken parted out murder theme. Guess I watch too much true crime tv.

It was the dogs and I out by the barn on a nice day smoking a bunch of chicken. Can’t ask for much more than that. Thanks for the votes glad you liked it. I had a blast doing it.

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky