Au Jus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

backcountry

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Central Canada
I'm planning a roast beef smoke this weekend for a 50th birthday dinner for my dad. For the beef, I'd like to make an au jus to dip the beef on a bun in. From what I gather, I need to add a drip tray under the beef in the smoker. I was thinking of adding beef broth, beer, chopped carrots and onions to the mix and let the drippings do their thing.

Am I off base here? Or is this an appropriate method?

Hey BC, Who is to say what is right or wrong? Some of the best cullinary dishes have been created by accident. I say go for it and let us know how it turns out.

Backcountry- I would omit the beer and add an extra can of broth to the carrots and onion and if'n I were a beer drinking man, I'd have the beer with dinner! Sounds like you have a good plan going!

Awesome, thanks for the tips. I'll save the beer for myself then!

I'll experiment with the beer broth next time when it's just the misses and I and let you guys know how it worked out.
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky