"ATTENTION.. ALL THOSE IN PATH OF "HURRICANE FLORENCE"... RUNNN .. ATTENTION"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
C.mon y'all... lets not procrastinate... RUN NOW ...

Hurricane Florence is huge already and there's only a couple of days left... Been There, Done That.. Praying for any and all that will be affected... all's you can do is prepare for the worst and pray for the best...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Last edited:
Reactions: wbf610
Yup, she looks bad. Hoping for the best for everyone in her path

Stay safe all. This is going to be a bad one. The entire East Coast is going to see a piece of this storm. Either a direct hit or after heading inland and north...JJ

Here in Chesapeake VA. ...
Will try to batten down the hatches...we simply can't run and leave everything.
Only concerned about tall tree's in the back yard and the pond.
Fingers crossed!
Teddy

Man we sure lucked out this time, that thing could be headed toward Florida!!
Good luck to all of you & stay safe!!
Al

Like JckDanls 07 Been there done that and later is to late batten now and be safe.
Prayers for all in the line of fire.

Warren

Last edited:
I just read that they have recorded 83' waves on the front of the storm. Surge will be nasty.

It's good I checked first---I was going to start a Thread just like this.

Good luck to all my Smoking Brothers & Sisters, and Prayers coming for ALL, from the Bear's Den!!

Bear

Two of my Cousins, and their families, were wiped out by Katrina when it rolled into Mississippi.
Even the slab was gone from their homes.
My cousin Vic, when they could go back, actually stepped on a body covered in the mud.
No body wanna be that body...
Listen to the evacuation orders!
And God Help you.

I hear there are allot of power lines down. Be careful around any water.

Chris

Two of my Cousins, and their families, were wiped out by Katrina when it rolled into Mississippi.
Even the slab was gone from their homes.
My cousin Vic, when they could go back, actually stepped on a body covered in the mud.
No body wanna be that body...
Listen to the evacuation orders!
And God Help you.
A good friend is an international first responder and went to Bay St. Louis, MS two days after Katrina hit. He had me help him with a presentation he wanted to give, complete with pictures. New Orleans would have been fine if the levees had held, but from what I saw in Mississippi, nothing could have withstood the wind and storm surge that hit in Bay St. Louis.

So thankful neither of those things were a problem with this one, but the rain is unbelievable. I have a niece whose house in NC is six blocks from the coast where it came ashore, and the house is perfectly intact, but the water is unreal. It is going to be worse inland, when those rains hit the mountains and come down as flash floods. This ain't over yet.

hurricane food
20180915_200132.jpg

Reactions: chilerelleno
As bad as it is... Everyone in Florence's path is or should be counting their small blessings that she steadily weakened from a Cat4 to a Cat1 at landfall.
The rain/flooding and Cat1 wind damage is bad enough as is.
Mother Nature can be a real .....
Prayers for the dead/injured and dispossessed.
And doing 180° reversal, I wish they'd actually go back to shooting the damned looters.

I was inside Ivan's eye wall, sideswiped HARD by Katrina and a few others thankfully smaller.
Two roofing jobs, siding on the house, fences, all my Water Oaks, power losses for over a week.
BTDT.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky