• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beef_chief

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 18, 2018
My name is Andrew Phillips, I'm 20 years old and a senior at Auburn University studying industrial and systems engineering. I'm home for the summer now with an internship and taking on a few commissions with my woodworking business (Phillips-Head Woodworks... find me on Instagram/Etsy). I have some experience cooking low and slow with reverse-searing steaks, but I'll be doing my first big smoke tomorrow with 2 racks of pork spareribs on my Weber Performer kettle. Plan on sticking to the 3-2-1 method at 225 degrees using hickory wood and spritzing with apple cider vinegar in the first 3 hours, then foiled with more acv and some bbq sauce in the next 2 hours, then more bbq sauce in the last hour unfoiled, and finally resting wrapped in foil for another hour. If anyone sees any problems with that plan or just wants to offer some tips I'd appreciate your input!

Welcome to the site Andrew. Look forward to see how it turns out. Sounds like a good start. Congrats on being a senior at 20 yrs old. You sound like you have your priorities in order. Good luck buddy

Reactions: beef_chief
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky