Asking for a friend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
DE89D44A-683A-4AFB-B5B0-7AF25603CA1A.jpeg
Ok so I know nothing about pellet smokers. This Yoder belongs to a friend of mine who “inherited” it from her ex; she’s not interested in smoking, but can she use the main cook chamber as a charcoal cooker? I don’t want to steer her wrong and I don’t even know what the inside looks like.

Thanks in advance!

Might be worth a conversation . Get her something she can use . If he's not interested , have her sell it .

Already too complicated. She texted me a pic and is three states away. I haven’t heard from her since college. Just wanted to know if you could put charcoal in it and grill.

That pellet grill is not only a smoker, you can grill etc very easily on it. Basically is an outdoor oven which is very versatile. And "alot" easier than charcoal, tell her to buy a bag of pellets, plug into power, turn it on - Done.

No offense intended but this is just one of many reasons I don't "do" facebook.

Chopsaw's got it figured out.
I literally laughed out loud when I read rep on FB as a grill guy, and she has 1000 friends. I guess I'm old fashion, because I don't consider people friends lightly, if I don't know them very well they are acquaintances not friends. Tell her to give the poor guy his smoker back. I'm sure he would be willing to buy her a brand spank'in new nice shiny LP Weber to get his Yoder back.
I despise women like that, if you had any grit at all you'd tell her to figure it out on her own and wash your hands of her.

Reactions: chopsaw
Converting it to burn charcoal would probably be as easy as putting another grate in down low to hold the briquettes and a vent to get some air in it.
However....I tried to educate my kids as they were growing up, that just because you CAN do something, doesn't always mean you SHOULD do something.
If you have an angle grinder, you CAN cut up your Corvette and make a pick up out of it. Doesn't mean you SHOULD.......

I would say just use it as intended. Tell her to get a bag of pellets. To stay on the economical side she can find pit boss competition or classic blend at walmart for like $9. Put them in the hopper, plug it in, turn it on and you're off!

Tell her that I will buy her a new Weber in trade for it if the man that used to own it isn't interested in getting his smoker back.

Reactions: 73saint
Man lots of assumptions that she stole her X's smoker. For all we know "inherited" could mean he just left it with her. When I got divorced I gave my wife everything. I only took my clothes and guns. Everything else in the house I let my x have. I knew I was going to be moving around a lot before I found a place to settle so I didn't want to much stuff to move around and figured itd just be easier to start over once I found a new place to settle down in. With that being said just tell her to sell it and buy what shes looking for or tell her to look up everything about how to actually use it right and she might enjoy it.

Reactions: 73saint
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky