1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Armstrong or Butler County?

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Members Group' started by larryfoster, Sep 29, 2018.

1. larryfoster

larryfoster Fire Starter

Any smokers from this area?
    I'm from north of Kittanning and for all intents and purposes a raw novice with a new Dyna-Glo wide body vertical smoker.

2. kruizer

kruizer Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota.

3. larryfoster

larryfoster Fire Starter

Thank you.
    I joined a while back but struggled with my equipment at the time and only tried smoking occasionally.
    I'm getting a little more serious now and trying to get some experience.

Contemplating buying a hog to butcher this fall and having a lot of meat to smoke.
    I haven't butchered a hog in 45 years but my 27 yo son thinks he might want to help.

4. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome back! I'm about 35 or 40 miles north of you in Jefferson County.

5. larryfoster

larryfoster Fire Starter

Howdy, neighbor.
    Brookville?

6. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF Family. I'm about 2 hours NE in Emporium. Any questions, search the topic, then post what you need. You can always message someone you trust for help...JJ

7. larryfoster

larryfoster Fire Starter

Thank you

8. pc farmer

pc farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome. I am in the state college area. We are having a get-together next weekend.

9. larryfoster

larryfoster Fire Starter

Sounds like a good time

10. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

You nailed it.