Armadillo Eggs w/ Pickled Cherry Peppers, Provolone,prosciutto with Qview!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

darrin

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
I've been wanting to get some of these from Costco and give them a try. They are pickled cherry peppers stuffed with prosciutto and provolone.

Here is what they look like.

Put them inside some sausage.

Used the MES because it was getting late and didn't feel like firing up the WSM.

Finished

Pretty darn good.

Those look darn good!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Been wanting to try some Armadillo Eggs. Those peppers look like a great "yolk".

Dave

Darrin, those eggs look amazing. Just made a Costco run last night, might have to go back today for some shooters and do some myself!!

wow them look great i've made them with peno stuffed olives now i gotta try these thanks.
points to ya
icon_smile.gif

Darrin, those look great!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I've never heard of a pepper shooter...sure sound good. :)

I couldn't believe what a great idea this was when I saw it. I love pepper shooters and love most anything stuffed into sausage and smoked so I decided to try making them. I couldn't believe it, they were amazing. I only drained them slightly so they still had some olive oil in the middle so they were beyond juicy. Only thing I did that I wish I hadn't was wrap them in JD Bold sausage, I felt the bold from the sausage took away from the flavor of the pepper and proscuitto in the middle. Next time I will go with plain so none of the flavors are lost in the spices or the bold sausage. Sorry I don't have any pictures but rest assured I will be making them again in the future over and over again. Thanks for such a great idea Darrin.

great idea..points from me ! and i am definitely going to try them out.

Just commented on doing that this weekend another post, great now i know that im not the only one to take one good thing wrap it in something
as equally good and making something amazing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky